Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kingdom Hearts Video Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Kingdom Hearts is a series of crossover action role-playing games developed and published by Square Enix (originally by Square). It is a collaboration between Square Enix and Disney Interactive Studios, and is under the direction of Tetsuya Nomura, a longtime Square Enix character designer. Kingdom Hearts is a crossover of various Disney settings based in a universe made specifically for the series. The series centers on the main character Sora and his search for his friends and encounters with Disney, Final Fantasy, and The World Ends with You characters on their worlds.

2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Birth By Sleep is so much better than I expected.

3. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

I just replayed 2. How the hell did I never notice how convoluted the plot was?

4. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

It may be the most convoluted plot I've ever heard of. But the characters, worlds, and gameplay make up for it.

5. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

a fav of mine

6. PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

KH3 will get a release date someday. someday...

7. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Since FF XV is this year, I think KH3 will be next year. Man, they have both been in development for some TIME! lol

PyramidPostcard likes this.
  8. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

If the rumored release date for FFXV is true it will have been "in the making" for at least 10 years. Announced May 2006.

That means there are people who started middle school when they heard the announcement and will have a Bachelors degree when the game is actually out.

Whoa.

9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

10. Welp. Take my money.

GEM37 likes this.
  11. Morrissey

Trusted

I just started Birth by Sleep. The camera doesn't adjust for the radically different sizes of the playable characters, but overall it seems better than Re:coded (even if all I had access to was watching the cutscenes).

12. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I bought 2.5 on PS3 not that long ago and went through KH2 again, guess I'll wait for the PS4 port to replay BBS and that sweet, sweet 60 FPS. I'm really excited for 0.2, ended up really liking Aqua a lot and it's going to be great to see her again/presumably tie in directly to Sora by the end of that thing.

13. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I found the thread. Boy do I love me some KH. I'll have to post my KH themed tattoo.. lol

14. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

1. KH
    2. KH2
    3. BBS
    4. Dream Drop Distance
    5. Chain of Memories
    6. 358 Days
    7. Re:Coded

KH is practically perfect. KH2 improved on a lot, but lost a lot of things I loved in KH

15. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I was wondering if there was a thread after the FF thread KH talk, and hey, I even posted in it.

billyboatman likes this.
  16. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Haha I felt bad for changing it to KH, so I came here.

tucah likes this.
  17. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Give me three worlds you'd love to see in KH3..

1. Monster's Inc.
    2. Robin Hood
    3. Toy Story

I heard we might gonna get a Moana world as well.

18. tucah

not champ Prestigious

My ranking:

KH2>BBS>KH1>3D>CoM>358/2>Re:Coded

Love all of my top three: I think Birth By Sleep is the strongest game gameplay-wise, it's pretty much the KH battle system brought to perfection IMO, but KH2 had the best variety of worlds, the right amount of the dumb KH story I love so much, plus despite liking Aqua a lot, you can't beat Sora and gang. KH1 has a ton of charm, and a ton of nostalgia for being something incredibly memorable and mind-blowing at the time but it's a clunkier game and I don't quite enjoy it as much as the other two.

As for KH3 world wants:

Toy Story
    Monster's Inc (specifically Inc, not University)
    Zootopia

All three have rich worlds I think they could do some really interesting things with.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  19. Wharf Rat

Where was the other discussion at? 2.8 final trailer looked dope

20. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Nice, I can see that. I just hate that we lost Trinity's, got shittier summons, a lot of open random space in levels. But the battle system is way better.

Really loved COM when it came out on the GBA.

BBS is great, but I didn't really care for the deck style commands, shot-lock seemed a little gimmicky.

21. tucah

not champ Prestigious

22. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

A Moana world would be siiiiiiiiiiickkkkkkkkk.

My suggestions would mostly consist of the newer additions to the Disney family: Star Wars, Big Hero 6, Marvel Cinematic Universe (New York City), Frozen (about as much of a lock for inclusion as anything, really), Zootopia, Wreck-It Ralph, etc. Also Wall-e and The Incredibles, because, I mean, come on.

Also, I really do still wish they could bring Final Fantasy worlds into the mix. Spira, Gaia (Final Fantasy VII), and Ivalice especially.

23. Wharf Rat

Personally, a wouldn't mind Star Wars or Marvel, but I think want Pixar stuff most. Toy Story n shit? Hell yeah

24. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

PLEASE DEAR GOD GIVE ME KINGDOM HEARTS WITH A BUGS LIFE

Henry, gonz (Alex) and Wharf Rat like this.
  25. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

If we were to get a superhero themed world, I'd much rather it be The Incredibles over Marvel.