Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Final Fantasy Video Game • Page 38

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by aranea, Mar 15, 2016.

1. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I do love turned based. I miss the strategy of it all.

7,8,9 will forever be some of my favorite games. 150 hours plus into each, getting every little thing, beating every boss, collecting every summon and character. Good old day's.

Eos is super impressive technically. I also really enjoy fishing with Noctis...

theagentcoma likes this.
  2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

3. chcougar1

Trusted

I love turn based too. I don't see why they couldn't implement a more modern version of it in the newer games.

4. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I agree, I miss that JRPG feel.

I didn't care for the battling at first in this, but it has grown on me. I still hope KH3 is like 1 and 2 and more about button presses than just holding O (Sony fanboy) to attack. Sorry I know this thread is about FF, but I LOVE Kingdom Hearts. The new final 2.8 trailer got me hyped. Especially for Aqua's portion.

5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

It's not Final Fantasy but at least we have our new turn based overlord of Persona 5 coming out next year (and the remake/port of one of the finest Dragon Quest games in 8).

2.8 should be great, Aqua is a character I've been dying to see more of since I finished BBS, plus I'm a sucker for that dumb ass story and will take any bit of information they feed me in the new stuff in 2.8. I can't imagine the combat in KH3 will be drastically changed from the rest of the series (hell, even in CoM when they switched it up to cards it was still close), they've stayed pretty consistent even if they add new elements. Maybe an "easy mode" where you just hold a button but I can almost guarantee it'll be pretty similar to the rest of the series.

Joe4th likes this.
  6. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Yeah, I just remember reading some interviews about Nomura stating that 2.8 and FF15 would be an indication of some of the action. I guarantee KH will be faster paced/action heavy which I love about it. I wanna see some world reveals. I also don't think they should have any Star Wars or Marvel related worlds. That's not KH to me, at all. Maybe in the future, but not for this story arc. I'll honestly be pissed if they had either.

7. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I'd be okay with a Marvel based world if it was like the Traverse Town-ish area of the game. But other than that yeah I agree. The only world I can just about guarantee we're getting in KH3 is Frozen.

8. SpyKi

How is that not Kingdom Hearts? They're Disney now and I don't think they'd feel far from Tron or Pirates. I'd love a Star Wars and a Marvel world and I'd be shocked if either of them weren't in the game.

9. SpyKi

We're definitely getting Tangled.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  10. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Tangled and Big Hero 6 were already announced, Frozen seems like the most obvious inclusion. I'd guess they start to dip into Pixar movies too.

billyboatman and Fucking Dustin like this.
  11. Fucking Dustin

As much as I don't really want SW/Marvel I also think if anyone could pull it off, it's Kingdom Hearts.

12. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I'm just so partial to KH, the original being almost perfect to me. I've played and 100% that game probably 7 times now from replays on PS2 to 1.5
    It's hard for me to see anything but Disney classics included.

They've already said Olympus, Tangled, Traverse, Twilight and I think Daybreak have been confirmed. Oh and Big Hero 6

Monster's Inc. would be a perfect fit for KH.. All the doors and such.

13. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Nothing is more challenging and as fun as both Sephiroth fights in 1 and 2.

14. Fucking Dustin

Sephiroth in KH is way better than Sephiroth in FF

15. Fucking Dustin

I want an Aristocats world but know there'd likely be no way to pull it off

16. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I guess I could get on board for a SW world. Marvel is still a no for me dawg (Randy Jackson meme)

17. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

They could do it like Lion King in 2, just as long as it's not a shit ton of open space. My biggest issue with 2. Which 3 seems to have fixed.

18. chcougar1

Trusted

For some reason I got stuck on KH 1 in the coliseum and could never beat the game. Made me so mad. Haven't gone back to the series since.

19. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Sorry about changing the subject to KH, found the thread, if anyone wants to join in convo there!

20. SLADE775

RiverCityScumbags Prestigious

I think that the challenge is in the transition between battles and an open world. And I think that fast paced combat is still a draw for American gamers. I'd love to see the trand make a comeback. Nothing is like the fun and strategy of a great turn based system. Legend of Legaia had some cool ideas with the button inputs. A system liek Valkyria Chronicles could work if movement along the map was involved. But it sounds like action based battle systems will be sticking around with the success of FF15. As long as all the other JRPG elements remain, it's a fair trade off.

21. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I just got to chapter 13 and people weren't kidding when they said it's bad.

tucah likes this.
  22. chcougar1

Trusted

How did they mess it up so bad? Just too long of a linear mess?

23. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'll put it in spoilers in case anyone doesn't want to know:

honestly, the linear part wouldn't be so bad, it's being alone with nothing but the ring as a weapon. It drags on, and the combat is so drastically changed and it becomes a huge stealth section. I get what they were going for, in wanting you to feel helpless and alone, but this is rough.

24. chcougar1

Trusted

Good t

Good to know. I've always hated stealth missions in games. Ugh.

25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I have lost so much money betting on monsters in Altissia, fuck. Can I come back here even if I progress the story? I must win