Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kevin Hart Steps Down as Oscar Host

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Kevin Hart has stepped down as the host of the Oscars after homophobic tweets were discovered.

I have made the choice to step down from hosting this year's Oscar's….this is because I do not want to be a distraction on a night that should be celebrated by so many amazing talented artists. I sincerely apologize to the LGBTQ community for my insensitive words from my past.

— Kevin Hart (@KevinHart4real) December 7, 2018

2. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

I really don't like this guy, and i didn't like him before this. He just seems disingenuous.

summertimejesus and msandusky88 like this.
  3. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

He posted a video saying he didn’t want to apologize for stuff that happened in the past because he’s already apologized and taken responsibilities for those comments.

4. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

Also a few weeks back his family had a birthday party where the theme was "Cowboys and Indians," with family and friends were dressed in awful stereotypically racist "Indian" costumes. After Native peoples criticized him online, he didn't bother apologizing, nor bothered to understand why people would be upset.

Fuck this guy.

summertimejesus, St. Nate and john343 like this.
  5. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

Paddington for Oscars host 2019

(or like Billy Eichner or something)

Chase Tremaine and Connor like this.
  6. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I'd watch for Paddington!

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  7. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

Ricky Gervais for Oscars.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  8. chilllll

Regular

if he apologized for the comments would most people be okay with him hosting or not so mad?
    or is it like once you make a comment like that your career in the industry is over?

9. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I think you can come back from it, you just have to be sincere about it. And it’s hard to gauge sincerity when the only reason an apology is issued is because they were called out.

macbethfan likes this.
  10. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

Fuck Kevin Hart. I've always said this and will continue to.