Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Keane - Cause and Effect (September 20, 2019)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Brother Beck, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Still no release date yet, but apparently the new Keane album is called "Cause and Effect".

Mo Bounce likes this.
  2. Mo Bounce

Mo bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce

Back from hiatus, I see.
    It's on The Sun:
    Here: Katy Perry has revealed she is giving up world tours after almost 500 shows

Brother Beck likes this.
  3. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

New album out September 20th and new single out on Apple Music now. Stoked!

Brother Beck likes this.
  4. vidiviciveni

Trusted

If you like the recent directions of bands like Switchfoot or OneRepublic then you'll dig the new Keane single, I don't particularly

5. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Song is pretty good. I liked it better the second time I played the video. I can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

6. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Brother Beck likes this.
  7. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I've listened a handful of times now, and I like it more each time.

beachdude likes this.
  8. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Keeping 'Eric Polselli's Personal Keane Appreciation Thread' alive - the song sounds good live:

9. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I really like the song. Sounds like Strangeland, which I loved.

10. Strangeland was great. Excited for a new album from these guys.

Was there some kind of bad blood in the band? I knew they were on hiatus but the quote above makes it sound like the thought was it would be a permanent split. As far as I knew their intention was always to reunite in a few years.

moura likes this.
  11. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Second single is pretty good too.

Feels a little bit silly posting this on the same day that Justin Vernon surprise drops something on the level of the new Bon Iver album, but here we are.

12. Craig Manning

Not silly! Great music is being made by lots of different people in lots of different ways. It's great to discuss it all and give it all attention.

I like this one, not quite as much as "The Way I Feel" though. Reminds me of some of the stuff I liked more on Perfect Symmetry (which is a very hit or miss album for me).

beachdude and Brother Beck like this.
  13. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

Can they make more songs like this?

The synthpop direction isn’t working

14. Didn't know they were back with new stuff!

Brother Beck likes this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

3/5/20 Vancouver, BC The Commodore Ballroom
    3/6/20 Portland, OR Roseland Theater
    3/7/20 Seattle, WA Showbox
    3/9/20 Oakland, CA Fox Theater
    3/10/20 Los Angeles, CA Dolby Theater
    3/13/20 Denver, CO The Mission Ballroom
    3/15/20 Austin, TX Emo’s
    3/16/20 Houston, TX House of Blues
    3/18/20 Dallas, TX House of Blues
    3/20/20 Chicago, IL Cadillac Palace Theatre
    3/21/20 Nashville, TN CMA Theater
    3/23/20 Toronto, ON Danforth Music Hall
    3/24/20 Montreal, QC M-TELUS
    3/25/20 Boston, MA Orpheum Theatre
    3/27/20 Washington, DC The Anthem
    3/28/20 New York, NY Beacon Theater

Gooddayz and Brother Beck like this.
  16. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I am (im)patiently waiting for this to leak!!!

17. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

There's a Reddit post that says the previews for all of the songs are up on iTunes. I cannot verify this because I am at work and don't have access to iTunes on my computer and I don't have it on my phone either.

18. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

This album is really good. Feels like they picked right up after Strangeland without missing a beat. Seems like the hiatus may have been a good thing for them.

19. Craig Manning

It's a lot more restrained than Strangeland, though, which was very big, propulsive anthems for the most part. This is pretty downbeat. I haven't gotten to delve into the lyrics yet, but it seems pretty heavy. I like it a lot after a few listens, though.

Brother Beck likes this.
  20. Gooddayz

always and forever

Just started the album! It's so cool I'm listening to new Keane in 2019. Opener is great

Brother Beck likes this.
  21. moura

Regular

I was super late to Strangeland after the whole Night Train EP and Perfect Symmetry releases... but Strangeland is easy Top 3. This new album definitely continues where that left off in a good way... I’m surprised how much I’ve enjoyed it on first listen!

Brother Beck likes this.
  22. beachdude

Sorry for the random bump without new Keane news, but this new song that’s just dropping gives me MAJOR vibes of their early work. I think a lot of you would be really into it, huge stadium-sized pop rock anthem.

Gooddayz and Craig Manning like this.
  23. Craig Manning

I like this a lot! Definitely can hear the Keane comparison. Any idea what their plans are for more songs/an album?

Speaking of 2000s reminiscent pop-rock anthems, you might dig this record: Patrick Droney - State of the Heart (May 21, 2021) • forum.chorus.fm

beachdude likes this.
  24. beachdude

They've only released that song and one other so far, here's the first single:

This is actually a side project of a couple Australian metal bands, Thornhill and Void of Vision. I hope they do a full album soon but I feel like it may be a thing where it's whenever the members have time. And I'll definitely check out that Patrick Droney album!

25. Just nabbed tickets to see these guys next September on the Hopes & Fears 20 year tour. They've been a big bucket list band for me, so I'm psyched that I'll finally be seeing them. Definitely not used to buying tickets to a show a full year in advance though... guess now I'll forget about it for 9 or 10 months and then start getting excited again!