Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kanye West Says He’ll Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn’t Nominated

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Kanye West has claimed he’ll boycott the Grammys if Frank Ocean isn’t nominated:

Kanye talked about his love for Ocean’s music, saying, “The album I listen to the most this year is Frank Ocean’s album.” He went on, “I’ll tell you this right now: If his album’s not nominated in no categories, I’m not showin’ up to the Grammys.”

Frank Ocean’s albums were not submitted for consideration.

2. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Sounds about right

Raku likes this.
  3. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I think a lot of people will be stunned if Frank's album doesn't receive at least one nomination in 2018.

4. This doesn't make any sense. How can they consider him for nomination if his albums weren't submitted? I understand that may have been foul play on the behalf of the label as retaliation for Frank Ocean getting out of his contract, but I still don't see what Kanye expects the Grammys to do.

5. Kanye speaking irrationally?!? Naaahhhh....

6. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

and the Grammy's respond, "thanks for 'threatening' us with something we couldn't possibly care less about".

chewbacca110, Raku and bptky like this.
  7. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i was under the impression that Frank intentionally didn't submit them. was i mistaken on that?

8. Weezer17

Thats a damn shame, this egomaniac wont be at the grammys to talk shit about Taylor Swift, or anyone else he thinks has wronged him.

Raku and bptky like this.
  9. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Oh no. Please Kanye. Don't go...*FART*

ConArdist, Raku and bptky like this.
  10. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I was under the same impression actually

11. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

why does he think anyone gives a shit about him boycotting anything

bptky and Raku like this.
  12. ianzandi

Regular

Technically he's playing it safe with bad grammar. He used a double negative

“I’ll tell you this right now: If his album’s not nominated in no categories, I’m not showin’ up to the Grammys.”

Mr. Serotonin and coleslawed like this.
  13. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

The replies in this thread are disappointing and bad. The principle of what Kanye's saying is solid, regardless of the logistics of how the Grammy's work, and he's standing up for and highlighting the work of another artist. That's dope.

14. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Kinda like Trump saying he won't honor the results of the election. Is Kanye a thing? I live in an upscale WASP community in CO. No one here listens to Kanye. I put him on in the car a few months back and was me w/ a chorus of groans. And people LOVE rap and EDM here, just south of Denver.

15. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

He just had a massive tour and album. Not sure how you'd miss that given you have internet access.

16. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

So who is listening to him? The rappers tryin' to make it off the street? Because he's Voldemort here, and when I was in college in Fort Collins.

17. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

18. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Letterbomb31 and Robk like this.
  19. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

The remake of Solaris is stunning, great avatar. You're too smart for Kanye's sorcery, I know it!

20. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

21. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Kanye West and Stephen Sodebergh are two of the most brilliant artists working in their respective fields, and two of my favorite artists in any medium. They both make brilliant, diverse, challenging work every time they put something out. I appreciate that you like Solaris, I think to this point you're the only person who has recognized my avatar (or at least mentioned it to me), but there's no disconnect. It's not an issue of being "too smart" or of you and your friends and town not liking Kanye. He is brilliant. A visionary, regardless of the many flaws he has as a man, and widely viewed and respected as such.

DarkHotline, Robk and Carmensaopaulo like this.
  22. waymorethanbefore

Dewbie

I mean, simply put, life is subjective and none of our opinions or anything else mean shit.

That said, I personally enjoy Kanye's music.

polyfilla and slimfenix182 like this.
  23. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

What I want to know is why do people take the grammys seriously.

24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Reading this thread I forgot I was on chorus.fm and not reading Facebook comments posted by 48 year olds

25. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

spot on lol..