Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kanye West - The Life of Pablo (February 14, 2016) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 5, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Out now, for now, forever?

[​IMG]

henry boyd and FreudianSlip like this.
  2. tucah

not champ Prestigious

aoty so far

Robk and FreudianSlip like this.
  3. irthesteve

Yeah I'd probably have to agree, but I also haven't really thought about my favs yet, so who knows

4. Patlock

The Dream is Over Supporter

Just listened to this a couple times today for the first time.

I do like it but I feel it is all over the place. The album doesn't have much flow and is narcissistic to high hell.

It has some bangers but not like MBTDF. Maybe I need a few more listens to make a proper judgement.

5. FreudianSlip

Album of the year for me so far. Still ahead of the rest in terms of using his skills and ear as a producer. There isn't an album out there that sounds like TLOP. Brash, confident, and as Kanye as you can get. I think part of the album is the experience behind it. Following the lead up to the first release, then the subsequent updates, it almost felt as if it was some sort of modern performance art on Kanye's part. Intentional or not it's been wild. MBDTF will probably always be Kanye's magnum opus, and in my opinion Yeezus and everything it represented isn't too far behind. TLOP is great but not on that level. 8.5/10 for me.

6. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

The schizophrenic nature of this album and how off the wall "strange" everything about it's release and it's sound was appealed to me early on but now that all of that has worn off, the more I listen, the more I consider it to not be very good. If I listen to it now, I'll only listen to the same few songs ("Ultralight Beam", "FML", "Real Friends" mostly) and as for the rest it's just eh.

7. irthesteve

I really believe it's a great album in most all ways. It's extremely weird and the rollout is unlike anything else, but the music outweighs it in my opinion

8. Currently my AOTY, I think.

9. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

My AOTY as well. Being at MSG for the premier was unreal and easily one of my favorite musical memories.

FreudianSlip likes this.
  10. thischarmingman

tweets: @lamebandguy Prestigious

father stretch my hands pt1 & 2 are my favorites. wolves is pretty good too. i'm not really super into this the way i was with yeezus, but the album feels pretty good to listen to all around. I feel like he took that spazzy, jumpiness of yeezus and applied to to literally everything this time around.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  11. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

The best

12. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

I probably listen to "Highlights" three times a day. The album has the infectiousness of Graduation with the choppiness of Yeezus.

13. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

It's weird, when I first listened to this I thought it was potentially his worst album. Now I think it might be his best.

FreudianSlip likes this.
  14. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I think my favorites so far are the"Father Stretch My Hands" duo and "Ultralight Beam"

15. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues

Father Stretch My Hands pt 1 is such a highlight. Wish it were three times as long.

thischarmingman and Iago like this.
  16. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

beautiful mornin', you're the sun in my mornin' babe

Signifire likes this.
  17. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I only just got that out of my head. Back in you go, I guess!

ChiliTacos likes this.
  18. Did the other thread disappear? Also, does anyone know anything about another updated version? My roommate just got a second download from Def Jam haha

19. Also this is likely my current AOTY as well

20. irthesteve

Got another download today???

And the former thread was made by a user who left the site and wanted all his posts deleted

Aaron Mook likes this.
  21. probably the best write-up I've seen that mirrors my thoughts on the album

22. Hmmm...

23. Yep

24. irthesteve

I can see the midnset of that tweet, but I don't feel that way at all. I enjoy this album as a piece of music, the tweets or anything surrounding it honestly don't matter to me. I like the songs on TLOP, they please my ears, and I think the album of a whole is a great album that DOES make a lot of fucking sense together

Robk, ChiliTacos, ECV and 2 others like this.
  25. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

yeah I don't think that write-up is accurate at all

Aaron Mook likes this.