Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Joker (Todd Phillips, October 4, 2019) Movie • Page 21

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Apr 2, 2019.

1. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

This is my equivalence of the Facebook drama dot

But also how is there 20 pages about a movie that’s not even out yet is there anything worth reading before the last few pages or

chewbacca110 and Ken like this.
  2. Omni

Regular

Meyer: The James Holmes “Joker” rumor

Yeah, Holmes only chose TDKR because it was going to have a huge opening night. He never dressed as the Joker or called himself the Joker. This article says the only Batman thing in his apartment was a Batman mask though btw.

Wharf Rat and justin. like this.
  3. Omni

Regular

I think all of @Tim's posts in this thread are definitely worth reading.

4. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

This is good to know, and it makes me feel a bit better.

5. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

what about the trailer makes you think that

6. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I believe at the time shortly after the shooting there were reports, ultimately proven false, that he told police "I am The Joker" when they arrested him. I always assumed these stemmed from his hair being dyed an odd color and the supposed Batman connections to his case, which, aside from the movie he chose to do the shooting at, seem like they were greatly exaggerated.

Omni likes this.
  7. supernovagirl

Well I don’t know how to sort a thread by one person’s post or search just one thread by a username on mobile so

Ken likes this.
  8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Pages around 6 through 9 were a good mix of insightful and funny to me.

supernovagirl likes this.
  9. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Ken likes this.
  10. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I mean, nothing I said should be news to anyone in America. But my post isn’t about schools, it’s about posts like these:

Wharf Rat likes this.
  11. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Top right corner of the page, click Advanced Search. Should be a search-by-user option

supernovagirl likes this.
  12. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

FTank likes this.
  13. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

ok you already said that before

and Ive not specifically made that argument, personally I just dont want these ideologys to be encouraged through intentional or unintentional demagoguery

GrantCloud likes this.
  14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

15. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Has the director talked about the negative reactions to the film at all?

16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Leave me out this. My personal anxiety over not wanting to go to a movie like this on opening weekend, in a country where mass shootings happen daily and where shootings in movie theaters have occurred before, are my own feelings and you have no right to criticize me or anyone for feeling that way.

17. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

It's not about how you personally feel, it's about stoking unwarranted fear on a public forum over, again, some completely nebulous terrorist act.

18. Anthony_

Me discussing my personal anxiety on this forum is not "stoking unwarranted fear". I'm not saying "nobody should go see this movie there will 100000% be a shooting if you go stay away". I'm saying I'm personally not going opening weekend. You're the one who's being ridiculous and making this out to be some kind of earth-shattering issue. I don't understand why you feel the need to ride to the defense of this movie so hard but it's honestly an unbelievably bizarre hill to die on. And I said leave me the hell out of it.

19. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Lol you are *absolutely* implying that jfc. You’re not simply talking about your personal anxiety, you’re conveying that it is completely rational to feel that way.

I don’t really know what in the world you’re talking about here. How am I defending the movie — not to mention where have I even talked about the movie itself? What am I making out to be some kind of earth-shattering issue?

20. Anthony_

Ok that's enough of that, I think.

GrantCloud likes this.
  21. supernovagirl

Really didn’t realize all those options are there ahah but searching by user searches all threads not just this one. But I will try and see what I can sift through, as well as read the pages @EASheartsVinyl suggested

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  22. Marx&Recreation Sep 6, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 6, 2019)
    Marx&Recreation

Trusted

“I’m not saying there WILL be a mass shooting, I’m just talking about MY personal anxiety, which I will NOT acknowledge as unwarranted, but will in fact double down on how reasonable it is. I have what I feel is a very rational fear, but in no way should that be seen as me conveying to everyone else that it should be a rational fear for them as well.”

23. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

This 100%

GrantCloud, Ken, dylan and 1 other person like this.
  24. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Remember when some of you fucks were angry about the dude posting this

25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The good news is there’s no way the movie will end up being as gross as those posts, so there’s a silver lining for everybody.