Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

James Gunn Rehired for ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 3’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Deadline is reporting that James Gunn has been reinstated as director for Guardians of the Galaxy 3:

Redemption and second chances have long been superhero movie staples, and today it looks like life has imitated art. I’ve learned that Disney has reinstated James Gunn as the writer-director of Guardians of the Galaxy 3, and I’ve confirmed it with Marvel and Gunn’s camp.

FTank, BornToRun, Raku and 1 other person like this.
  2. tomtom94

Trusted

Holy shit - I didn't think Disney would actually give in.

3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Good

4. BradBradley

Regular

I’m assuming this went something along the lines of the actors stating that they just wouldn’t move forward without him. Dave, in particular, seemed pretty adamant that he wasn’t doing shit without Gunn. I could see that having created a domino effect where eventually someone said “well, if everyone isn’t in, what’s the point?”

mattylikesfilms, Jonathan and Raku like this.
  5. good

Raku and Jonathan like this.
  6. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Wonderful news

Analog Drummer and Raku like this.
  7. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I can only imagine it’s purely financially from Disney’s end.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  8. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

I support anything that takes a scalp away from Mike Cernovich.

mattylikesfilms and Raku like this.
  9. AllenRicketts

Regular

This would be great news if we could agree on one set of rules for everybody.

10. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

In the history of humanity there has never been one set of rules. Right and wrong gets applied to every situation and even that gets messed up sometimes.

11. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Captain Marvel is killing it at the box office. Disney is about to finalize their acquisition of Fox. James Gunn has been re-instated as the director of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol III (and he’s directing a DC film to boot.) Oh yeah, and we’re a month out from Avengers: End Game?

[​IMG]

12. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

[​IMG]

13. Nuance and bad faith gets lost when the alt right idiots get involved and try and weaponize important things for their ridiculousness. It’s not even about “rules” it’s about common sense at that point.

coleslawed, Jonathan, Snoblin and 3 others like this.
  14. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I am talking about the history of humanity, but I agree alt right people are idiots.

Jonathan and Jason Tate like this.