Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Gunn, 5/5/2017) Movie • Page 23

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

This is exactly why I'm upset by this. Also, he's a supporter of a lot of progressive social movements in Hollywood and to fire him is just a bad look for Disney in my eyes.

Raku likes this.
  2. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

It was a really bad move for Disney to fire him the way this went down. They already knew about his past and had hired him anyway and let him make two extremely successful films for them. Now they cave simply because of a little bad PR drummed up by someone who is by all accounts a complete piece of shit scum of the earth waste of life pile of human garbage, and who I would call basically a terrorist and his completely bullshit manufactured outrage and fake concern for the children. It pains me to even type 'concern for children' in association with this fuckstick after reading and hearing some of the things he says about raping women.

Still though, I do not see any way in which they hire him back for this in the real world. I would be shocked.

Plus, as Lexi Alexander sorta hinted at with her tweet about this situation - as much as these movies were James Gunn's babies, there are a lot of other directors never even given the chance he was given, whether because they have brown skin or vaginas or both, a lot of whom would make a great GOTG film, and most of whom never made jokes about raping little kids. They could use this as an opportunity to give one of those people a chance.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

How do we know Disney already knew about the old tweets?

4. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

It’s Disney. Do you really think they didn’t have someone research the guy and all that he did previously before hiring him to direct a $100 million film?

Raku, GrantCloud, FTank and 1 other person like this.
  5. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

From what I've read after this situation broke, it looks like they were aware of this before the first film was made and he apologized in 2012.

Raku likes this.
  6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

My guess would be Taika which may not make some people happy because he has already been given a Marvel film but that’s exactly what makes him a great candidate if they want the film to hit the 2020 date.

7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

That’s my point, it’s Disney. That’s a big reason Disney is so successful, they don’t back down from their standards. You would think he would have been properly vetted, but if they had found this - I do not believe they would have let it slide.

8. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I wouldn't be surprised if they saw it and didn't care at the time. It's only now that everyone else has seen them and it made them react.

Raku likes this.
  9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

10. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Lol NO NOT HIS TWITTER

I Am Mick and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

12. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

Twitter has been a fucking warground. Lotta idiots digging on Twitter for bad jokes that comedians have made because anyone who makes bad jokes about children HAS to be a pedophile while defending what Cernovich has said/done because "it wasn't about children". Same kind people who start GoFundMe's for suspended cops who murdered black children.

Makes me wanna die.

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The only thing I can think of is this has nothing to do with the tweets. Disney, and him just had a huge fallout/disagreement, and they’re using the tweets as an excuse possibly.

Raku likes this.
  14. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Probably due to him requesting a large pay bump

Raku likes this.
  15. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Twitter is a bad website and everyone should delete theirs

16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Michael Rooker deleted his twitter, saying it’s a shit site and he doesn’t want anything to do with it anymore.

17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I go on Twitter more than I post on it so I can keep up with sports and bands. If I don’t use Twitter than I’ll need to use Facebook. Lose lose.

Raku likes this.
  18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Twitter sucks, but it’s an important tool for giving marginalized people bigger voices. Unfortunately, they also cater to white supremacists and Nazis.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Tim like this.
  19. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

The more I think about this whole situation, the more this seems like the explanation that makes the most sense.

Raku likes this.
  20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Seems kinda conspiracy theory to me

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i'm not defending his tweets but it could be why the actors have seemed to have such a STRONG opinion on it, knowing its not really about the tweets, but about something else that this is now the scapegoat for.

Raku likes this.
  22. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I think a lot of actors have a strong reaction to it because they hate to see the alt-right get a victory over somebody they like working with

Also they’re worried about the precedent it sets and that it could happen to them

23. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I can't see Disney having a falling out with Gunn right now. It doesn't fit the time frame well especially since he helped write lines for Infinity War.

Disney just didn't want the bad press. It's simple as that.

Raku likes this.
  24. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

From the looks of it, Gunn was really good about treating the cast and crew like family. He was always posting behind the scenes photos on his IG and praising them for their work. While their could be an ulterior motive, I'm sure they're also hurt by losing Gunn as their boss.

Raku likes this.
  25. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

No fucking way Disney would just straight up character-assassinate this guy over an internal falling out. Conspiracy theory bullshit.

RyanPm40 likes this.