Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Incubus - 8 (April 21, 2017) Album • Page 12

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by kyle, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Don't make this place as hostile as on absolutepunk.net's frontpage, that post was indeed gross. No need to get defensive.

2. They sounded great on Kimmel the other night.

3. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Really weird they posted that picture and the song didn't even make it on there.

4. It must have been really bad.

5. DesolateEarth

Birb

This reminds me that I should revisit The Reason sometime. album had some solid songs on it.

6. Hoobastank is a decent band if I remember correctly, never loved their albums in full but they have some pretty good songs

7. JM95

Trusted

Mike said they didn't finish it.

8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Ah okay

9. That's unfortunate, I'd love to hear it.

10. I'm still enjoying this. I think I said it before, I was initially let down with it but it grew on me.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Same. I actually really enjoy the record aside from "Nimble Bastard" and "When I Became a Man".

"Love in a Time of Surveillance" is probably my favorite song off the record.

kyle likes this.
  12. Too bad it drops off in the second half, still a good album tho

13. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

anyone heard or have the acoustic version of "Nimble Bastard"?

14. Zincubus

Hi guys

Any idea where all the Incubus fans hangout these days !?

There own forum linked to their website is a disaster as is the main website .

How can such great guys , great band and music , all media friendly guys too have such a chronically poor fans forum !?'!?!

15. I don't really know to be honest. Their 5 year hiatus kind of killed their momentum and their internet presence in the mid to end 00's

16. This is still in my regular rotation, I'm listening to it at least once a month. Surprisingly, I can see it ending up on my AOTY list.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  17. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Still conflicted on this album. It's not bad music, but it's so damn watered down for Incubus - I enjoyed the listen but have little desire to do it again. These guys can all play their instruments at a mind-blowing level, and that doesn't even come across in their writing anymore.

That said I do love "State of the Art", and this little section at 1:45 of "Undefeated" reminds me a lot of Third Eye Blind which I guess is never a problem.

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I do get what you're saying and I agree on some levels for sure. Crow is my favorite record of theirs by a landslide and the musicianship on that thing is mind-blowing for sure.

I took this album as a mainstream poppier version of the band and enjoyed it for what it is. After If Not Now, When and Trustfall- I was pleasantly surprised by 8 since both of those previous records are... lacking for very different reasons (INNW being too ambitious that it got boring and Trustfall being too dumbed down).

With all that said;

I love "No Fun", "Loneliest", "State of the Art", "Familiar Faces", and my personal favorite track on the whole thing - "Love in a Time of Surveillance".

19. I agree and say it all the time. These guys are much better than what they've been releasing for the past decade.

20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

21. I'm still backing this.

22. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

This has really grown on me. Still not my favorite, but a solid effort from a band 20+ years in. I'm actually looking forward to hearing the new songs live. They're a band that seems to always finds ways of elevating their material live. Highlights for me are Loneliest, Familiar Faces, Nimble Bastard, and State of the Art. Surveillance gives me serious Made for TV vibes, too, which I dig.

23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I'm enjoying this album for what it is. It's not bad by any means, but they have more in them i feel like. They're a band that snowballs their greatness until they take a break. Then it feels like they have to start over again.

24. Sad Messiah

Regular

The best songs are the last 3

25. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

If you dig Incubus, there's a good chance you'll enjoy the new Hoobastank album that came out today. That band made a career out of basically being "Incubus-lite", but the new album is a really surprising and unexpected progression from them, and the best songs on the new album are imo better than the last two Incubus albums.

Album - Hoobastank - Push Pull (May 25, 2018)