Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hoobastank - Push Pull (May 25, 2018) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, May 25, 2018.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

The sixth album from Hoobastank, and their first since 2012. I received an advance of this for the site I write for and checked it out on a whim based solely on nostalgia, and with zero expectations. Believe it or not, this is actually a shockingly solid pop rock/alt rock album, and a very sudden and unexpected evolution in their sound. This is the first time they've ever really progressed in any meaningful way, and the results are way more enjoyable than I would've imagined possible. Matt Wallace (Faith No More, Maroon 5's "Songs About Jane") does a fantastic job on production and makes all these songs really shine. Fans of Incubus would find a lot to like here.

KidLightning likes this.
  2. beachdude

I know for a fact I'm gonna get ridiculed mercilessly for making this thread, and I get why... but I honestly am really enjoying this album! The singles aren't really the best representation of the album as a whole, a lot of it is much more interesting imo. Go in with an open mind and you might be surprised!

KidLightning likes this.
  3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I loved their first record back in the day- I’ll have to check this out and at least give it a chance!

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

Dude every record has atleast a few killer tracks! Same Direction is my jam. Excited to check this out.

beachdude42 likes this.
  5. beachdude

This is pretty different for them, but I think what they did is pretty cool.

6. vidiviciveni

Trusted

[​IMG]

It's not a good thing that both tracks kinda remind me of Paralyzer by Finger Eleven

If the rest of the album is a little more ambitious I could see them sounding a bit like Bear Hands, but the singles are not great

7. beachdude

A lot of the rest of the album definitely has a bit more experimentation imo, it feels more ambitious. I understand why they picked the two singles they did but I think they're definitely some of the most straightforward songs here.

8. beachdude

I’ve had songs from this stuck in my head all week. Definitely one of the bigger surprises of the year for me, I’m shocked how much I’m enjoying it.