Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hugh Jackman Returns as Wolverine in ‘Logan’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. OHMYGOSH.

I couldn't have imagined this movie looking so good. Wow. I liiiiked the Wolverine, at least the first two thirds of it, but I hated Days of Future Past (I know I know) and didn't care to see Apocalypse by any means--from the very first trailer, I knew it looked like trash.

But wow, this! Seriously has me thinking this will beat out First Class for my favorite X-men film. Looks small in scope, concise in cast, character-focused in its plotting...everything I want from a movie!

3. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

This actually looks very good, wow.

4. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Please be good! his wolverine is what got me liking superhero movies many years ago!

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Trailer looks really good. Kind of got a "Last of Us" vibe from it.

6. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Also unreal to think when X-Men launched, Hugh Jackman was barely in his 30's and now he's almost 50.

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  7. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

One of the few superheros I can't imagine someone else playing (another being RDJ and Tony Stark).

This looks insanely good.

8. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Agreed. I really wonder what Marvel is gonna do regarding recasting their core if they go that route.

emeryk3 likes this.
  9. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Think this might be the first really good Mangold film since 3:10 to Yuma. Also, considering I was in high school when Hugh was cast in the role and I'm now a dad who has run the entire gamut of superhero movies, I'm gonna bawl my head off when the credits roll on this one, good or bad. He truly loves this character and always brought nothing but his best.

Tip of the cap to you, Mr. Jackman,

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  10. Yeah, I'm expecting this movie to finally find a way to kill him off. Get ready, eyeballs!

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  11. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Oh, man...I'll be done. Done.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  12. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

As cool as this storyline looks, Old Man Logan would have been so nuts as a movie. Curse you Marvel for not sharing Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner, just this once.

13. Tylar

The use of Hurt is a bit trite, but dammit if it doesn't set the mood and tone for Logan. This looks fantastic, can't wait

coleslawed likes this.
  14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Man.. Apocalypse was such shit. Worst CBM of the year, hands down.

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Expecting to weep like a baby.

16. aniafc

Trusted

Fucking hell

17. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

You could almost say this trailer HURT. Lel. Seriously though, I have a feeling this movie will make me emotional.

18. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

I have never given the X Men films any attention outside of Deadpool, just can't muster the energy to care.

...This, though. This looks intriguing.

19. TobiasSc

Life is a gift. Remember this.

woah.

20. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

I would check them out. Most of them are solid

21. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

returns

jackman is the only x man to have been perma casted