Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

How To Dress Well Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Sophos

Regular

Tom Krell has been releasing music under the name How To Dress Well since the late 00's. In 2010 he put out his first record, Love Remains, a shadowy, fuzzy home-brewed R&B project that unknowingly contributed to the blueprint of what much of the R&B to come out of the 2010's would feel and sound like. Since then, he's put out 2012's Total Loss and 2014's What Is This Heart, pulling the cloak back a little bit more each time, cleaning up his sound and revealing further avenues that his songwriting and production can take. He is currently working on LP4, and if the previous three are anything to go by we can expect him to push himself into even more heartfelt and honest territory, showing us new tricks to his sorrow-infused R&B.

2. Sophos

Regular

i think @brandon_260 will be interested in this thread, youre a big fan right?

3. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Very excited for a new album from him. I fucking love his voice

4. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah! I adore What Is This Heart? and think Words I Don't Remember is one of the best tracks of 2014. I've only recently started digging into his other two albums more seriously because Ready for The World came on shuffle and I lost my shit.

5. Sophos

Regular

ahhh fuck yeah! love remains is just....so special. "you hold the water" "ready for the world" and "suicide dream 2" just absolutely wreck me. total loss is awesome too, i found out a little bit after it came out that forest swords actually co produced "cold nites" which is one of his best songs. what is this heart is probably his overall best, most cohesive and finely crafted record. i still lose it every time i hear "face again." what a song.

6. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Total Loss is the one I haven't spent significant time with yet. But listening to Love Remains and then WITH is so weird because he's totally become more confident and clear as a vocalist and I don't really have the "transitional" album down yet.

7. Sophos

Regular

yeah total loss is definitely the missing link between those two, which taken on their own is a massive leap. total loss finds him experimenting with more polished and poppy sounds and songwriting but still not fully revealing his hand or his ambitions yet.

8. tucah

not champ Prestigious

There's a teaser for something on How To Dress Well, album might be called Care and looking around the source code gives a few clips of a new track possible called "Lost Youth"

Letterbomb31 and brandon_260 like this.
  9. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

!!!!

10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Ayy

11. Horrorca

Trusted

this is great!

I know it won't happen, but I would love for him to return to the sound of the first album

also, his best album is probably that symphonic 10" he put out - amazing

12. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

With his track record I trust any musical decision he makes for it haha

Haven't listened to new clips yet

13. Horrorca

Trusted

yeah, all the stuff he's done is gold

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

15. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

New song is incredible.

16. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

hi friends. based on his patreon, looks like we're getting a reworked Love Remains anniversary album this week. so damn hyped!

17. OotyPa

fall away Supporter