Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hip-Hop Thread Genre • Page 753

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 7, 2016.

1. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I wish the skits were buried further into the tape. I feel like they disrupt the flow at the first of the album but there's still some good stuff throughout.

Signifire likes this.
  2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

YBN Cordae dropped the YBN from his name, he's just Cordae now. I've been wanting him to distance himself from those guys but I never thought he actually would

3. PauLo

43% Burnt

We’ve currently have a tie, so if anyone hasn’t voted, please help me not have a dilemma on what to do haha

4. cherrywaves

Trusted

I’m finally getting around to listening to this in full and it’s really fucking good!!

username likes this.
  5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

riotspray likes this.
  6. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

riotspray and phaynes12 like this.
  7. username

hey you lil piss baby

So, so good! She’s definitely getting a bit of hype but I feel this record is still overlooked compared to the releases from her (male) peers.

cherrywaves likes this.
  8. cherrywaves

Trusted

absolutely! Hope she gets more coverage. It has a lot of the loose, free flowing qualities that I enjoy about When I Get Home or The Ooz.

9. PauLo Aug 16, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 16, 2020)
    PauLo

43% Burnt

Classic

The Lucky Moose and jdr2187 like this.
  10. username

hey you lil piss baby

I had definitely thought of When I Get Home too, but The Ooz is actually a solid comparison as well. They’ve all got a similar formless, sketch-like quality. Glad you dig it!

cherrywaves likes this.
  11. PauLo

43% Burnt

12. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

hell yeah, should be a fun one

13. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

cherrywaves likes this.
  14. cherrywaves

Trusted

15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Wow Mach Hommy with the 8.0!

16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

2020 is WILD.

17. PauLo

43% Burnt

If I had a spare $222 dollars, i'd give it a listen haha

OhTheWater likes this.
  18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

On Tidal too, but that’s as realistic as throwing up the $222

PauLo likes this.
  19. username

hey you lil piss baby

That Mach-Hommy was up for pre-save on Apple Music but got taken down before it was released lol

20. PauLo

43% Burnt

Do Tidal do free trials? Probably the only way to listen to it unless someone has downloaded them and stuck them up for download. Which they probably have. Hmmm...

21. username

hey you lil piss baby

Haven't checked myself yet but maybe look on Soulseek?

22. PauLo

43% Burnt

Yeah, that's my go-to for stuff not on streaming. Will have a look after work.

23. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Yeah they do, often for like 3 months

PauLo likes this.
  24. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I have a what I believe to be an inspired idea for the next 90s album: L'école du micro d'argent by IAM.

Crisp X likes this.
  25. PauLo

43% Burnt

Might be a bit of a hard sell, that one. Don't get me wrong, I love a bit of French hip hop and i'd definitely be up for that as I've never heard of it. Although I did a quick google and seeing it being called one of the best French hip hop albums of all time, so i'm definitely gonna give it a listen. But the international hip hop/rnb thread is normally a bit quiet, so I don't know if it would get much interest as a stand alone thread. Hope to be proved wrong, though

If anyone else is up for an international hip hop classic, make yourself heard haha

The Lucky Moose likes this.