Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day to Release “Bang Bang” • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 31, 2016.

1. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

So the week of my birthday I'm getting a new AJJ record, a new Bayside record, seeing AJJ and a new Green Day song. Papa bless.

2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Enjoyed Uno for a bit but didn't love it. Never even listened to Dos or Tre, guess I should do that before I decide if I'm looking forward to this at all lol.

3. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

No, don't do it. Well, if you must, do not touch Dos. Tre has some decent songs.

Raku likes this.
  4. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

The good songs on Dos are really fucking good. The problem is that there are only four of them and everything else on the album is shit.

Jose and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  5. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Someone should post a track list that takes the best from each record of the trilogy to make one good record

Davjs and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  6. Craig Manning

7. It's still not very good.

Raku likes this.
  8. Davjs

Trusted

Craig Manning likes this.
  9. Craig Manning

I listened to it earlier today and I think it holds up. I could probably trim another three or four tracks to make it a tighter collection, but I enjoy all of these songs and rarely listen to the full albums, so this is my best chance to ever hear them.

10. Steeeve Perry Aug 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 1, 2016)
    Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Ultimate Trilogy album:

(EP)
    Stay the night
    Lazy Bones
    Stray Heart
    X Kid
    99 revolutions
    Brutal love

(To fill it out to an LP)
    Let yourself go
    Fell for you
    Sweet 16
    Rusty James
    Walk Away
    Dirty rotten bastards

11. Craig Manning

I think the bolded three are the unquestionable highlights. I'd put any of those three on a list of my favorite Green Day songs.

12. btr

Trusted Supporter

Dos is just a second Foxboro Hottubs record

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Uno, Dos, Tres are unspeakably bad for a band of Green Day's caliber. Like, they had to try to put out something so bad. Upon first listen of the trilogy, Amy was THE only song I legitimately enjoyed. Over the years, I've come to tolerate maybe an additional 5 or 6 songs from the trilogy but it's absolutely forgettable.

14. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Alright guys, let's drop the charade. The trilogy is awesome.

15. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

What four? I'll take your word and only check those out haha.

16. clockwise

Ugh I know our opinions don't line up always but I think both Tre and Dos are worth at least listening to in full once. Everyone's favorites are different.

17. btr

Trusted Supporter

Stray Heart, Fuck Time, and Wild One are my favs off of Dos. I'd definitely at least listen once through if I were you

18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

How could you list the best songs on Dos but leave out Lazy Bones?

Jose likes this.
  19. clockwise

Everyone's favorites are different. People say they could have made one great album out of the trilogy, and that's probably true, but everyone's one great album would be comprised of different tracks. We got a bunch of great music from the band with those three albums, the bad doesn't take away from the good and vice versa.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  20. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I'm glad there is a good amount of people to go nuts with once the single drops and whatever madness will follow. It was a blast with blink and I'm much more a fan of green day

21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Please be good.

Raku and Turkeylegz like this.
  22. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I wish I could find a way to justify the trilogy like some of you, but alas I cannot.

Raku and Turkeylegz like this.
  23. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Read this as All and nearly shit my pants

24. Raku

Regular

Believe me, I wish I could too. I was hyped when they first announced it despite some hesitation. Unfortunately it's the classic "quantity over quality" scenario =/

25. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Yeah I'd agree with those being the top three. The mixtape I made with the above tracks used Brutal Love as the closer which worked pretty well.
    Top to bottom I like Tre the best of the three albums but it is definitely the least cohesive.