Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gleemer - Down Through (May 2020?) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by slowheart, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I was definitely thinking this, but the Valleyheart LP clicks with me in ways this hasn't yet. Man that album rules.

2. coleslawed, solxace and Micah511 like this.
  3. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

slowheart likes this.
  4. I’m in the same boat. And I really love Down Through so that’s saying a lot.

Micah511 likes this.
  5. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I've bookmarked this to come back to in the fall. I enjoy it, but it's not really a sunny spring day listen.

6. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I checked out the Valleyheart LP after seeing the posts here. I liked the first few songs, but the lyrics became too distracting once the second half kicked in.

I’m all for these Seer Believer songs though

zachmacD and trevorshmevor like this.
  7. Yeah, I like that record but it does really beat on basically the same subject matter pretty much the entire time. Even the songs become kinda predictable once you realize they almost all have the “start quiet, end with an explosion” format. Really solidifies for me that even if Down Through is kinda one note, the short run time is a huge benefit.

8. Kmil

Trusted

I love this record, sounded a bit samey at first but now the tracks are easier to distinguish.

9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This is so good goddamn

zachmacD likes this.
  10. Lucyford7

BrynneC.

After listen number 60 this album is 10/10! With ear buds and headphones you can really hear the production and guitars/bass/drums magic. All of them are such technical wizards but still sounds very organic. It’s crazy to me these guys don’t get more attention. I enjoy Turnover but Gleemer will be around for many years to come and I see them going all over musically. I think Corey, Nick, and Charlie could all eventually have several songs, and not just Corey contributes most now and I could definitely see them going Beck “Odelay”, not rapping but musical direction really experiment with tones and beats. This really makes me stoked for the Rolling Coastal Fever which is out in a few weeks

zachmacD likes this.
  11. zachmacD

Trusted

Someone recommended this when I was looking for bands similar to Turnover. I was looking for something a little more upbeat, but I have had this on repeat for two full days now. so fucking good

12. zachmacD

Trusted

I feel this so hard. I want this album injected into my veins

13. Anthony_

I'm listening to their first two records now and damn i've been really missing out

Leftandleaving and zachmacD like this.
  14. zachmacD

Trusted

what're your thoughts on the first 2? I just got into these guys but the new one is definitely my favorite

15. Anthony_ May 21, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 14, 2020)
    Anthony_

The new one is my favorite as well. I think they've gotten better with each release. They’re all great though.

zachmacD likes this.
  16. Both of you should check out Seer Believer! It’s linked somewhere above

It’s 2/3 of Gleemer and is produced by the vocalist. Album is out next Friday!

17. Anthony_

I’ve had it preloaded since last weekend, the singles are great

slowheart likes this.
  18. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

I think I like the second record better than the newest one.

i think I’ll dig this more when it’s rainy. Have a feeling it’s gonna slam me on a night rainy drive.

19. zachmacD

Trusted

i already have it preordered as well. Great stuff

20. zachmacD

Trusted

For sure. Exactly how I feel

21. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Seer Believer LP is out!

22. This record is fantastic, most in here would likely dig it. Produced by Corey from Gleemer, shares similar shoegazey tones but takes a more energetic approach

23. Anthony_

this is really good, thanks for the rec

trevorshmevor likes this.
  24. Built to Fail

You and I are panoramic

This is still my album of the year, I think. I can't stop listening to the closing track. The last-minute is just so moving, man.

Badtasteinmusic and zachmacD like this.
  25. zachmacD

Trusted

this. Still in love with this album and can’t wait to see these guys live.