Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ghostbusters Trailer #2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 18, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The second trailer for Ghostbusters has been released. Given that certain factions of the internet are pissed this has women starring in it, and seem intent on bringing it down, I hope it’s a hit.

2. alexbrew

Just here for the comments

I'm definitely not pissed at any part of the movie, it just doesn't interest me enough to spend $15 on.

fenway89, Raku and beachdude42 like this.
  3. Do you have $5 Tuesdays? Hit it up then, if you're even a little interested. Trailers are hard to judge a movie by sometimes. So I'll definitely go see this, go into it knowing it's just a fun movie and doesn't need to be taken seriously at all, and hopefully it'll at least meet my expectations. I'm excited to see all the monsters/ghosts in it.

4. ianzandi

Regular

Honestly, I'm down with a female ghostbusters movie but this simply just does not look very good at all. I really hope I'm wrong.

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

For me, I don't care about gender. I care about story and legacy. This film does not look great. This trailer is better than the teaser but that's not saying much.

I'll still probably check it out but I'm very cautious about having any kind of expectations.

beachdude42 likes this.
  6. sayitaintjoe

Yeah, to me it has nothing to do with the female cast, it has everything to do with it looking like an awful, awful movie.

Raku, beachdude42 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  7. rst

Regular

I hope its a big hit if its good and bombs if it isnt, regardless of the gender of the cast. Unfortunately, based on the trailers, it doesnt look promising.

beachdude42 likes this.
  8. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

There's really not too many movies these days that make me want to spend that much to see in theaters. With all these sequels and reboots, I'd rather wait and have a marathon at home with the original/previous films, before watching the new ones on Netflix or Redbox from my own living room. It has to be truly original and catch my attention if I'm going to see it in theaters.

Raku and beachdude42 like this.
  9. DesolateEarth

Birb

Echoing the general consensus here. My disinterest is in what i have seen of the movie itself, not in the gender roles within.

Kizwiz, Raku and beachdude42 like this.
  10. Junction183

If they had gotten Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, and Ernie Hudson to star in this movie it would still suck.

BlackJak094, Kizwiz, fenway89 and 3 others like this.
  11. Jacob Davidson

Regular

I dunno what people are seeing that I'm not but I think it looks fine.

Guys Named Todd and AshlandATeam like this.
  12. Bass0820

I don't care that about the female lead part, I care about the female cast. I cannot stand any of these people ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kizwiz likes this.
  13. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Not interested in the property. Love all the actresses though.

14. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

Much better trailer than the first one. I dig the cast and writer/director too much not to be looking forward to this.

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

Zero problem with it starring women (and haven't seen many people who feel contrary). The main issues I have (and the internet for that matter), is that the comedy seems slapstick, and that the characterization of the women feels weak and cliche. Most complaints I've seen is how Leslie Jones' character is a myriad of black stereotypes.

Ghostbusters (2016 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kizwiz, fenway89, Raku and 1 other person like this.
  16. Expanse

Comedy trailers are the worst so I still expect this to be good.

17. Bane

The spiciest meme

Yeah this trailer was perfectly fine. Also I still don't get why people hold the originals on such a high pedestal that cannot possibly even think of being reached when especially the second one wasn't really a masterpiece in any way.

18. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

I'm guessing this is going to be the epitome of a "turn your brain off and enjoy" movie (like Jurassic World), and I'm totally down. Thinking gets really old really fast.

19. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

So bad. Probably won't bomb though because of kids and tumblerites.

Kizwiz and Raku like this.
  20. Schooner

Trusted

I don't think people care that it's a female cast. I think people care (or don't care) about it cause it looks like a bludger of a movie. Didn't even smirk in the trailer

21. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

But I want to be outraged!

Raku likes this.
  22. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

The concept of a female ghost busters is great. You can't go crying patriarchy because they were given a shitty script.

Raku likes this.
  23. They care. They care a whole lot. The absolute insane sexism around the internet from the moment it was announced, before any trailer ever came out, has been overwhelming.

Anyone posting that it's because of the trailer hasn't been paying attention.

24. I highly doubt Feig and Dippold wrote a shitty script given their track record.

fenway89 and AshlandATeam like this.
  25. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

Hey, I'm willing to give it a shot, but judging by the trailers the comedy is just bad.