Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ghostbusters (Paul Feig, 2016) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 3, 2016.

2. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

1. Why doesn't Leslie Jones get to be a scientist?
    2. Kate McKinnon

3. Serh Mar 5, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 29, 2019)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

ChaseTx likes this.
  4. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I was so excited for this but...not loving that trailer.

5. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Not a fan of McCarthy, but I love the other three so I've still got hope it's good. Maybe this will help Kate McKinnon break out, because she's incredibly talented.

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I said this in the other Ghostbusters thread: Trailer for Feig's last film wasn't too hot but the movie ended up being solid.

7. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

True I was actually a pretty huge fan of Spy.

8. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Trailer looks decent enough. I finally saw the recut someone made, and while I think it's a stronger trailer it probably isn't a good representation of the movie like the real one was. Although, sometimes trailers aren't a good representation. I guess we should just wait for more information.

9. I have faith in Feig and the entire cast. This will be fun.

10. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

The international trailer was just released and I think it's way better than what was initially shown. It removes a few of the really lame jokes (can we never reference the Exorcist again please? It will never be funny) and inserts more of Mr. Hemsworth (with his lovely Australian accent).

Tim likes this.
  11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

idk this looks fantastic

stnewton likes this.
  12. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Wonder how many people are giving a thumbs down without even watching. Like, the first trailer was kinda average, but I'd consider that a legitimately good trailer. I can't believe for a second that, in a world that made Jurassic World a major success, over half of people watching that trailer left thinking it looked bad.

ChaseTx and stnewton like this.
  13. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

They probably did watch it just so they could hate on it more. Going in with a neutral mindset there's no way these people would dislike it that much.

14. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

This is now the most disliked movie trailer in YouTube history. Reaction to this doesn't make sense.

I'm still excited for the movie.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

16. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

it's okay. the more publicity the better, nom nom i love it!! The hatred for this movie is fucking dumb dumb

17. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Well, I found all the jokes awkward. I cringed watching both trailers. And I thought Jurassic World was awful, wish I didn't see it haha.

beachdude42 likes this.
  18. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

The first trailer was not great but anybody who says this movie isn't receiving an absurd amount of hate is kidding themselves.

19. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I can't speak for the film, but the trailer seemed incredibly forced to me. The 1:01 is mark is cringe-worthy to say the least.

beachdude42 likes this.
  20. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I don't watch trailers more than once, seems excessive to overthink any one part of it

21. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

The two trailers I've watched have been ok. I've noticed that Feigs' trailers don't do his movies justice at all. They're all just mediocre while the final products have been great.

22. domotime2 May 4, 2016
    (Last edited: May 4, 2016)
    domotime2

For the most part when are comedy trailers ever hilarious anyways? Besides Ghostbusters is not a laugh out hilarious movie to begin with. And with of all of the trailers in the world why is this one being scrutinized the most.

Idiots.

GrantCloud and ChaseTx like this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

it's definitely misogynistic idiots who are pressed for no reason , even if this sucks that doesn't ruin your childhood

24. domotime2

this video has 30 million views on youtube. that's all that really matters. it's getting publicity, so what all of the ridiculous anti-PC people are failing to realize, that this is all just $$$ to the ears of the producers.

25. lordjedediah

N00b3

ChaseTx likes this.