Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fest 18 Festival • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by abear182, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Rye

I would think AWS would be at High Dive because of the capacity. 2years ago they played mystery set at High Dive. Those are my scientific pontifications...ha

2. Rye

About to begin the quest to fest, rough travel day up here in New England. Safe travels to you all

clucky likes this.
  3. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Hope everyone had a great time and gets home safely! That Laura Jane Grace set on Sunday was so epic that I may never recover.

4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Another great Fest! Can't wait until next year

Some highlights: Such Gold, Joyce Manor, Kill Lincoln, No Trigger, The Dopamines, The Bronx

Worst part was waiting 90 mins for the Spanish Love Songs secret set and being cut off right at the front of the line

Also secret sets were pretty weak this year

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  5. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I knew Kill Lincoln would be a fun set, but I did not expect it to be a top five set of the weekend.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  6. Rye

Amazing time, and now I'm in recovery mode. Definitely agree that the mystery sets were weak overall compared to past years...Friday's mystery sets were lit though. Unfortunately, I had a pretty bad headache Friday night which is also why none of my favorite sets were from Friday. Brain is still a little fuzzy, but I think my top 5 sets I caught were, Spanish Love Songs (8 Seconds), Kill Lincoln, The Bronx, Skatune Network (Sunday), S.M.N.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  7. Tom Lee

Regular

Hi. This was quite a while ago, but I hope everyone had a great time at FEST 18.

I was supposed to fly over from the UK to perform. I was booked at the CMC on the Sunday, same stage as Laura Jane Grace, which I was incredibly excited for, her being such a great influence and inspiration, as a person as well as a musician/songwriter. It would've been my third year in a row visiting & playing, first time coming over solo (I previously played the last two years with my band Hora Douse at Loosey's). Unfortunately, I suffered a nervous breakdown in early October (it had been building for quite a while), and I was forced into hospital, and then a home care/crisis team for a while. Had to cancel all of my life plans, including this US trip + more, despite everything being booked. I felt so devastated and isolated, I haven't really said much about it until now.

I just wanted to vent, as I had looked forward to so many things over the weekend, such as the Skatune Network show, and seeing so many Stateside/world friends I don't often get to see.

If ok to share, to make up for my lack of appearance, this was my last release, from an EP I released just before my meltdown. Disclaimer, it probably would've been the quietest & un-punkest thing at FEST. (Feel free to delete if not allowed), and thanks for paying attention. Hopefully I can come back next year.

8. Rye

Hey Tommy, glad you are in better head space now. And don't you ever say un-punkest, if you are being yourself then that is all you ever have to be. Let's hope that we can rage together to Skatune at FEST 19

9. Tom Lee

Regular

Hey, just seen this. Thank you, I really appreciate the message. I'd love that!

10. HalfHearted

Regular

First announcement tomorrow at 9:00 am with tickets going on sale. Hoping this goes on as planned so there is something to look forward to this year.

11. clucky

Trusted Supporter

i'm real worried. still gonna get tickets and try and remain optimistic but honestly end of October seems like a prime position to be right in the middle of a second flair up

12. HalfHearted

Regular

Yea, I am definitely worried about it, but if it doesn't happen we will at least get reimbursed for the tickets. So, I will basically get the first tier of tickets or get my money back.

13. clucky

Trusted Supporter

yeah but like... on the kind of budget fest operates I really worry if they have to cancel it'll be the end of fest :concerned:

14. HalfHearted

Regular

Damn, I didn't even think of that. Well, let's hope it doesn't come to that, ha.

15. m32137

Regular

I’m sure they’ll have an insurance policy in place to cover any losses if it comes to that.

16. clucky

Trusted Supporter

maybe? I hope so? idk. I definitely could be overly paranoid

17. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

The web site is going to have a full write-up tomorrow that goes into detail about how they're going to handle refunds, etc. if anything happens between now and then.

I'm not entirely sure how the Fest operates, but from what I've heard about other smaller festivals? They don't technically "spend" the money until the actual event happens, anyway... So missing out on a year really wouldn't hurt them too badly.

clucky likes this.
  18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I am so hype for the announcement. Need some good news

HalfHearted and alkalinexandy like this.
  19. alkalinexandy Apr 2, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 2, 2020)
    alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Same! I had a trip to Florida planned for May that's now probably not going to happen... So I've convinced my partner that we should postpone it to the last week of October so we can Fest together. So I'm all in this year!

I haven't been since Fest 10, so it'll be fun times all around I just need the line-up to have enough "wow" on the line-up to get me to pull the trigger in the AM! It's always going to be a solid line-up of bands, but it's not always a line-up of bands I wouldn't necessarily be seeing otherwise.

And, frankly? I could use something to look forward to with all the shows I had been planning to go to having been cancelled or postponed for the foreseeable future... And October feels far enough out that things might have come back to relative normality by then.

Michael Schmidt and JaytotheGee like this.
  20. abear182

Regular

I have started this years thread so we can discuss all the awesome bands being announced in 6 hours times :-)

Fest 19 • forum.chorus.fm