Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fest 19 Festival

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by abear182, Apr 2, 2020.

1. abear182 Apr 2, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 3, 2020)
    abear182

Regular

[​IMG]

theasteriskera likes this.
  2. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Pouzza (FEST-lite) got cancelled so I'm seriously considering making it down for the first time

3. ghostxvapor

Trusted

upload_2020-4-3_9-1-53.png

dilleo and alkalinexandy like this.
  4. HalfHearted

Regular

Sold already....

5. HalfHearted

Regular

First tier sold out in roughly 15 minutes, crazy. Not sure how it was last year as I waited to get tickets, but that seems pretty quick.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  6. abear182

Regular

Updated the first post with the line up so far!

Honestly I am not blown away by the line up seems very similar to the past couple of years but then again maybe I am just getting jaded because this will be my 10th Fest in a row.

alkalinexandy and theasteriskera like this.
  7. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

You won't regret it, it's still arguably the best music experience so far in my life.

8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Got the first tier! Love the lineup so far...

9. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Crazy that the first three tiers sold out in the first day. I didn’t think about Pouzza being cancelled yesterday, but that definitely adds to the already high demand for Fest. Glad I was able to get first tier.

10. clucky

Trusted Supporter

I think I heard PRB got cancelled too. If it happens, Fest might be one of the only festivals to happen all year.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  11. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I tried for first tier, but something happened with the site and I had to bail because of some work meetings but they're already up to tier four!

I'm pretty stoked on this line-up, particularly the Flatliners, Hot Water Music, Good Riddance, Samiam, Telethon, Rational Anthem, the Copyrights, Strike Anywhere, Sincere Engineer, Taking Meds, Answering Machine, Mustard Plug, and Lone Wolf.

12. Rye

I'm not super stoked on the headliners, but I'll be grabbing passes just to have something to look forward to, plus that ska line-up from last year is back! Here's to hoping the world right's itself in time.

13. HalfHearted

Regular

Outside of We Are The Union and Kill Lincoln, who are some other ska bands announced?

14. Michael Schmidt

Mustard Plug and Skatune Network.

15. HalfHearted

Regular

Ah yes, thank you, wasn't sure if there were other ones I was missing.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  16. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

im toying w the idea of finally going to this this year since got fuck all going on until then apparently. what's the deal w the tier pricing blocks? does that affect what shows u can get into?

17. clucky

Trusted Supporter

nope. just effects how much your ticket cost in order to get people to buy their tickets early.

your wristband will get you into every show provided the venue isn't at capacity. everyone gets the same wristbands regardless of which tier you are.

spreadthehummus2321 likes this.
  18. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

ah thats good to know thanks

19. HalfHearted

Regular

Just because I am bored and waiting for the work day to be complete, my list of bands from the first wave I am excited to see:

A Wilhelm Scream (always), Good Riddance, Strike Anywhere, The Flatliners, Red City Radio, Kill Lincoln, We Are The Union, Origami Angel, Jail Socks, Niiice., Such Gold, Suck Brick Kid and a couple others I'd check out if nothing else was going on.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  20. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Yeah just seriously wondering where the world will be by October 2020. Not sure it's worth the aggravation of buying tickets, booking flights/hotel/transportation and getting excited just to find out we didn't "flatten the curve" enough and the world is still on hold.

21. HalfHearted

Regular

For me, the fact that everything is refundable this year made it a lot easier to just get everything purchased and hope that we have something to look forward to this year. But I definitely understand where you are coming from.

SkyGrowsBigger likes this.
  22. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I kinda get that. For me, it's just something to look forward to... I got my ticket and my hotel. Those are easy enough to fix if the whole thing gets cancelled.

I'm gonna hold on my flight for a while, though, I think. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.

But I needed a bit of positivity.

HalfHearted and SkyGrowsBigger like this.
  23. Rye

Just got my passes yesterday, was able to get Tier 4. I'm surprised it went this fast, I thought everyone might be a little gun shy with our current circumstances. Guess everyone just wants something to look forward to. I'm going to hold off on the other arrangements for now and see how things go for the next couple of months. Really hoping it happens this year, if it does we should all get together and hoist a beverage!

24. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I think it helped that they made it abundantly clear that refunds would be available for the passes, and that cancellation of the hotels was available through September without any penalty. I think that probably helped alot.

I wouldn't be surprised if many of the people who bought passes, though, were holding on buying plane tickets. That's more of a pain to refund if things aren't looking up by then. I'm doing exactly what you're doing as far as that goes... And even if shit gets cleared up, I feel like a lot of people will still be relatively gun-shy about traveling. So hopefully things are still cheap!

I'm keeping optimistic and really, really hoping this goes forward!

And I can't wait for that wave 2 announcement! Last year, the second wave had some of the most exciting announcements so it's only gonna get better!

25. Michael Schmidt

With Pouzza and Punk Rock Bowling cancelling, the crossover definitely jumped over to Fest. Plus, the initial round of bands was good. Add the refund for tickets and hotels and it was a no-brainer for me. I also grabbed a cheap flight into GNV. Booking direct with airlines is pretty cheap (at least when I did it) and offered extended cancel and refund options. Suffice it to say, I am done with Fest prep. I just have to hope it happens haha.