Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Eidola - To Speak, To Listen (June 2nd, 2017)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Transient_Hymn, May 26, 2017.

1. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

RIYL - Dance Gavin Dance, Closure in Moscow, TREOS

Post-Hardcore band coming out with their 3rd Record.

Give the first 3 tracks a listen here

2. Transient_Hymn

Think I enjoyed the last release much more.
    Definitely heavier than I anticipated and probably wanted...

The new record is available to stream on their bandcamp

3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

This one quite easily exceeds Degeneraterra for me personally. A great blend of technicality and more accessible moments.

4. beachdude

Transient_Hymn likes this.
  5. Transient_Hymn

I have only listened twice but nothing quite touches gnostic states for me.

I need to be in the right mood for the screaming. Ha

6. sukottokairu

Regular

need to remember to check this out, i keep wanting to get into them but the last two records i listened to didn't grab me, however the singles for this one were pretty good so i will try this one out

beachdude42 likes this.
  7. Transient_Hymn

I really like Loti.

My biggest gripe with the record overall is the lyrics and melodies don't seem to have room to breathe.
    I appreciated the frenetic music and the paced vocals of this last album a bit more.
    It seems like most of the groove of this album is in unison between all instruments and the vocals.

Gonna dig in this week and see if I can get beyond my own expectations. Overall band is prob the most talented on the Sean roster. Next to sianvar

8. Transient_Hymn

beachdude42 likes this.
  9. beachdude

Thanks for listening! I hope the album clicks for you.

10. Transient_Hymn

I think the guys quote around the producer saying they went All In in every regard is def a good way to sum it up.
    It's heavier. Faster. More deliberate and personal.

beachdude42 likes this.
  11. Transient_Hymn

I have listened to this 20+ times now and it is prob my biggest disappointment of 2017.

I feel like they leaned on Tiliana DGD vocal effects and screams for the sake of heaviness way too much.

The lead vocalist is sooo talented and his writing doesn't need a second voice.
    Actually bummed I haven't come around on it.

12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Saw them last night and they were incredible. Really talented dudes and even though there was only 40-50 people at the show, they still put on a super energetic performance. Highly recommended live act.

beachdude42 likes this.
  13. beachdude

Really happy to see more love for these guys on here. Such a talented band, and Andrew is one of the most genuine musicians I’ve had the privilege of getting to know.

suicidesaints likes this.
  14. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'm fairly new to the band. Just got into them with their newest album, but seeing them live will definitely make me check out the rest of their stuff. Capstan also played and were great too.

beachdude42 likes this.
  15. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

@beachdude42 Also, maybe you know... It seems like they must have recently replaced one of their guitar players... I don't know for sure... but the "new" guy absolutely KILLED it.

beachdude42 likes this.
  16. beachdude

Yep, Brandon (Andrew’s step-brother) recently left the band. The new member is Sergio Medina from Stolas and Sianvar, one of the most talented guitarists in that scene.

17. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'll have to check out Stolas and Sianvar. I was standing right in front of Sergio most of the show and he was insanely talented. Dude was playing some crazy shit while still jamming out hard. I was thoroughly impressed with the whole band though.

beachdude42 likes this.
  18. beachdude

Sianvar in particular you’d probably dig a lot, it’s a super group with members of Stolas, Dance Gavin Dance, Hail the Sun, and A Lot Like Birds. Check out this song, highly recommended... Sergio shreds on it too.

When he joined Eidola recently a lot of fans flipped out haha... so excited for new material with him on it!

19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'll check it out when I get off work. Definitely seems promising with the people involved.

20. beachdude