Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dumbo (Tim Burton, March 29,2019) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Apr 24, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

scored by Danny Elfman of course

Dumbo looks so cute and it's a great cast and no Johnny Depp

2. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Awwwww

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

[​IMG]

4. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Wish he could’ve resisted some of that visual style.

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

whoa the daughter is Thandie Newton's daughter IRL, plus her dad directed Mamma Mia Here We Go Again

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

No way I can get through this without crying the entire time.

PeacefulOrca and jkauf like this.
  7. Looks cute! Made me realize I haven’t seen Dumbo in a loooong time. I hardly remember it.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  8. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

My eyes are being emotional.

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

whoa Arcade Fire covered Baby Mine for the closing credits

coleslawed and bradsonemanband like this.
  10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

chewbacca110 and coleslawed like this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

this is one of my favorite ones of these. I'd watch a comedy with these two. Also, Danny as Wolverine sounds amazing.

coleslawed likes this.
  12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I liked how much TIm Burton was able to make it feel like one of his movies in the studio system
    Danny Devito and Michael Keaton were of course delightful, Eva Green and Colin Farrell make a cute couple
    the stuff with Dumbo flying and the circus spectacular was great
    of course there's the whole moral problem with Disney which isn't helped by a movie where the villain exploits an animal for profit and sells stuffed animals of him

coleslawed and Brother Beck like this.
  14. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I read a review that stated they felt the movie plays as a pretty scathing indictment of Disney. I can't lie, that made me want to see this. Before reading that, this was a hard pass for me.

15. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I hated this, every character except for Keaton and Dumbo felt stilted and underwritten or had nothing to do, the plot blows, the world building/environments and the ways that its shot are decent but cant make up for the rest of it being a fairly joyless mess. The two kids are honestly two of the worst child actors I think I've seen in any film of this size ever ? No wonder her parents are huge hollywood people lmao. Tim Burton needs to absolutely be put out to pasture.

The reading of this as a shot at disney for being the corporation that eats smaller companies is a hilarious self own at best and a coincidence at worst.

Avoid.

16. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Woof. It gets points for not being a shot for shot remake....but loses all those points for just being terrible. This was awful. The acting...by god. Especially the kids was the most dull, lifeless acting I've seen. No change of expression acting.

Only good part was cute cgi dumbo..who I felt bad for being apart of this thing. That's right, I feel bad for fake cgi dumbo

Aladdin was average but this was a total dud. I gotta stop watching these remakes

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator