Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 370

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

So....X-Men #1.

Am I interpreting it right that Jean is in a polyamarous relationship with both Scott and Logan? Her room is between Scott’s and Logan’s, and has doors to both of their rooms. It’s also literally the only living quarter in that place with doors to other rooms lol.

2. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I'm 100% sure that's the case. They hinted at in one of the Sinister Secrets, then the scene at the party, now the room situation. If it's not a polyamorous relationship (maybe with Emma in the mix too), then I'll be shocked

3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Can we please retire the Logan Jean romance? lol. So lame.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Having abandoned the X-Men when Bendis took over, something has been bugging me and I wonder if anyone here can help answer so I won't have to google it:

Is this Jean Grey the teenaged one from the past that came over at the start of Bendis' run? Or was Jean resurrected from the dead?

5. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Jean resurrected from the dead

scottlechowicz likes this.
  6. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

ghostedaway likes this.
  7. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

House and Powers make things a little more complicated though haha

8. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I read both of those and I assumed it was the Jean Grey from the past. And I thought her being with adult Cyclops and maybe adult Wolverine was a little odd. I wish I had asked this sooner haha.

9. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah the teenagers got wrapped up with Extermination

10. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Is it just me, or is Storm sort of off with Hickman writing? I've seen some people say it's very Claremont, so maybe it's just because I'm more used to the late 2000s/early 2010s Storm, but she seems way more like a zealot than I'm used to.

11. Tim

Jean finally came back (wild how long she, of all characters, stayed dead) in the miniseries Phoenix Resurrection: The Return of Jean Grey. At the time, the young OG X-Men were still around, Cyclops was dead because of Inhumans vs X-Men stuff, Wolverine was still dead, & Old Man Logan was still running around.

Those time displaced X-Men went back in a miniseries called, I think, Extermination. The same miniseries had a younger Cable show up & kill the Cable we all know, hence Cable looking younger now. This also featured a tease of Cyclops' return, which happened during the recent, short lived Uncanny X-Men series.

It's all been so bonkers, lol, in desperate need of guidance from someone like Hickman, but some cool stuff still happened here & there.

SpyKi and scottlechowicz like this.
  12. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

They’re all a little off, and too okay with this whole operation they’ve got going on. I think that’s going to play into the series as it goes on.

13. Tim

Jonathan Hickman
    Chris Bachalo
    Gerry Duggan
    Greg Smallwood
    Nick Spencer
    Mike Allred
    Kelly Thompson
    Valerio Schiti
    Al Ewing
    Chris Sprouse
    Chip Zdarsky
    Rachael Stott
    Jason Aaron
    Cameron Stewart
    Mark Bagley

14. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Finally in a permanent place in Colorado now so I had some time to go check out a new comic book store in Colorado Springs. All of my comics are shelved, but the rest of my books is another story. Hoping to dive back into some reading soon. I'll more than likely start with Mister Miracle (finally). And I have some catching up to do on House of X and Powers of X.

BackyardHero11 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  15. Tim

16. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

I recently found out about that X-Men Children of the Atom boxset coming out next March. Will definitely utilize my wholesale discount at work for it. :drool:

17. Tim

18. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

I think I posted something similar like a few years ago, but Hickman rebooting the X-universe finally got me past my block of feeling like I needed to read everything I was behind on and just start fresh. That being said, I signed up for Marvel Unlimited and would at least like to go back and check out whatever was good. So what events/runs should I check out from like 2011/12ish until now?

Kingjohn_654 and fluxyjoe like this.
  19. Tim

20. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Aaron made me a Thor fan when I thought he was lame. Sad to see him go but it’s been an incredible run and it’s amazing he actually got to write it for as long as he did and finish his story.

21. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Makes me wish I kept up with comics

22. Vivatoto Oct 30, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 30, 2019)
    Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Imagine being the next Thor writer. Huge shoes to fill. The God Butcher is one of my favorite villains ever

23. Tim

Thankfully, the next Thor writer is Donny Cates, so it should honestly be a pretty smooth transition.

atticusfinch, AP_Punk and Vivatoto like this.
  24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Loving the Dawn of X titles so far. Doing some interesting things with some of the characters.

25. Tim

lol wut