Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bloodshot (Dave Wilson, February 21, 2020) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Tim Oct 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 21, 2019)
    Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Bloodshot is an upcoming film based on the Valiant Comics character of the same name.

Starring Vin Diesel, w/ Eiza González, Sam Heughan, Toby Kebbell, & Guy Pearce.

Written by Eric Heisserer (Arrival & various Valiant comics) & Jeff Wadlow.

Directed by first-time director Dave Wilson.

"Based on the bestselling comic book, Vin Diesel stars as Ray Garrison, a soldier recently killed in action and brought back to life as the superhero Bloodshot by the RST corporation. With an army of nanotechnology in his veins, he’s an unstoppable force –stronger than ever and able to heal instantly. But in controlling his body, the company has sway over his mind and memories, too. Now, Ray doesn’t know what’s real and what’s not – but he’s on a mission to find out."

I'm not a Valiant fan & know nothing about the character outside of his iconic look they for some reason decided to ditch, lol. But, I know some comic book readers out there love that company & world, so, hey, whatever, maybe it'll be your thing!

I know Jeff Lemire wrote a run of the character. And, the miniseries The Valiant that's supposed to be a great starting point has dope Paolo Rivera art. And, if you wanna read an Eric Heisserer Valiant comic, he did Secret Weapons. Each of those books linked is only $9.99. Again, I haven't dug into any of 'em personally, so can't vouch for quality, but they got a pretty loyal following.

2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

As for this film, uh...

Probably isn't good. Very likely it isn't good. First time director, trailer quietly dropped in the middle of the night on Sunday four months before the release, etc.

Kinda dug the trailer (outside of no costume), though? Vin Diesel & Eric Heisserer being involved in a dumb sci-fi action film could be a neat popcorn experience, lol. Hopefully it's either secretly dope or charmingly bad instead of boringly not-good.

3. GBlades

Trusted

Give me back Jason David Frank B-)

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

looks like fun to me.

5. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I was really big into the Valiant Universe for a while. This looks fine. I'm not a big Vin fan, but this looks like a Bloodshot movie (minus the aesthetic of the main character).

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

7. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Valiant comics are awesome and a great shared universe to rival Marvel and DC. Bloodshot is a more interesting Punisher. I’m excited for this.

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

trailer tomorrow

9. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

worst possible omen?

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

rotten tomatoes is weird.

upload_2020-3-11_13-33-36.png

12. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

I believe the reviewer themselves picks "Rotten/Not Rotten", so maybe our bud Aaron here hit the wrong tomato button.

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

ahh okay. I thought it was just based on if it was over the 50% threshold. That makes more sense.

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

skipped this, i’ll be bummed if this turned out to be especially enjoyably bad a la venom

15. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

There were a few good sequences in this but overall it was clunky as hell

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious