Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 187

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Look who made a thing that I'm in love with.

dadbolt likes this.
  2. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

How many statues are you up to now lol

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I have four really nice ceramic(?) ones and a handful of cheaper pvc ones. It's not as many as i may make it seem. Pops on the other hand...

dadbolt likes this.
  4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

X-Men Prime was really good. I loved grown-up, fully formed Kitty Pryde reconnecting with all her friends and falling so naturally into a leadership position. Not sold on X-Men Gold, but this specific issue was such a pleasant read.

5. Tim

Hey, thread, the Logan "Further Reading" post was a success, so we're going to do more of 'em. Let's get the next couple (GOTG and Wonder Woman) under way!

Each post will go into that movie's thread on the Friday that the movie comes out, with the front page news post likely going up around that following Monday. For Logan, we ended up with 5 comic recommendation blurbs; I want to aim for 5 again going forward, but I'm willing to let one go up to 6 if enough people have enough comics they want to talk about! Reminder: The goal is to have each one be readily available as a trade paperback on Amazon and/or InStockTrades, to be accessible to a new reader, and to have some connection to what we know about the movie.

I'm going to list a bunch options for each movie, but we won't do all of them and can add other choices. This is just to get things going. Reply with all the options (below or new) you'd be interested in, but we're only going to have one blurb per person per film; it's still good to mention more than one, maybe with your top choice(s) indicated, so that I can get people plugged in!

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Guardians of the Galaxy by Abnett & Lanning vol. 1
    Guardians of the Galaxy by Bendis vol. 1
    Rocket Raccoon by Skottie Young vol. 1
    Groot miniseries
    Legendary Star Lord
    Astonishing Thor (because of Ego the Living Planet)
    Silver Surfer: Freedom (because of Mantis)

Wonder Woman

Legend of Wonder Woman
    Wonder Woman: The True Amazon
    Wonder Woman New 52 vol. 1
    Wonder Woman Rebirth vol. 1
    Wonder Woman by George Perez vol. 1
    Wonder Woman: The Circle
    Justice League: A League of One

6. Tim

@lightning13, did you finish Legend of Wonder Woman? Would you be interested in writing a blurb for that one? I wanna get a range of people involved and know how much you loved that series. (If you're not familiar with what we're doing, you can see what we did for Logan here.)

lightning13 likes this.
  7. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I'm down for writing about Wonder Woman.

I can do The Circle or New 52.

There is also the Earth One book that was just released.

Tim likes this.
  8. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

This would give me a good excuse to read my copy of WW by George Perez if you want me to cover that one! I'll let someone else hop on GOTG since I did one for Logan, but if you end up needing someone for it, let me know.

Tim likes this.
  9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I was thinking of picking up the Perez one once I finish Rucka's. Let me know how it is.

10. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Will do! I think I grabbed both of those, but I'm so behind on reading my own comics that I don't even know anymore haha.

11. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Look up the Avengers vs Thanos trade. It's essential to anything cosmic Marvel. We talked about this before lol

12. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I'm reading a bunch of Wonder Woman so I'm going to see if anything really pops out as being good for the movie other than the ones we already have, though if I don't find anything I can write a blurb about whatever hasn't been picked (minus The Circle, which I don't think I could relate to the movie)

Tim likes this.
  13. Tim

Everyone has chimed in for WW so far and almost no one for GOTG, so depending on who else jumps in, there's a decent chance I'll need you for it. lol.

What are you gonna contribute?

Ha, I didn't forget. Thanos would be a lot more relevant to Infinity War than GOTG vol 2.

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

What is the time frame for this?

I'm so swamped between work/school that I don't have much time for a thought of my own.

Says the guy who is literally on the internet 24/7

15. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Won't have a problem with that haha. I haven't read much of GOTG, but MU will allow me to fix that.

Tim likes this.
  16. Tim

lulz. My goal again will be a week before the film drops, but the beginning of release week is good, too. So, for GOTG, I'd need it by the end of April.

17. Vivatoto

Batgirl Annual was great. Looks like Supergirl and Batgirl will continue their team up in Supergirl which is awesome, I already love them together.

Also Batman turned into Captain America this week in JLA, so yeah, that was sweet.

18. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I can do True Amazon and Astonishing Thor.

Edit: I replied to the wrong post.
    Oops.

Tim likes this.
  19. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

i got to like...pffff....i forgot...was it #22? how many is it now?

20. Tim

It ended with Chapter 27, so you could totally finish up and write a little blurb by late May! (If you have the time and interest, that is.)

lightning13 likes this.
  21. Dodge725

Trusted

I'd be willing to do Wonder Woman Rebirth, N52, or Earth One. Can't really help with Guardians because all I've read of them is Annihilation and Black Vortex.

22. Vivatoto

Ok so I adored Clean Room vol 1 to death

dadbolt and Henry like this.
  23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Volume two is sooooo much better and adds a lot of depth.

dadbolt and Vivatoto like this.
  24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

That book was pretty dense. I enjoyed it for what it was though.

25. Vivatoto

That's great to hear, looking forward to some answers.