Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Collectibles • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

@scott Did you build your own frame for your pins? I'm amassing a bunch and have nowhere to put them.

2. scott May 6, 2016
    (Last edited: May 6, 2016)
    I bought a shadowbox from Michael's (like this) and then also bought black foam core (like this), and then just cut the foam core to fit the shadowbox. So it basically cost ~$40. Michael's also does professional framing where you just bring them stuff and they do everything for you and it looks great, but pretty sure it costs $100+ so I passed on that. Michael's also does sales sometimes so might be worth waiting for one (or idk if you have another similar store near you).

Also if you do get the foam core, it's a huge pain in the ass to cut. I'd recommend using a box cutter or something rather than trying to use scissors.

Henry likes this.
  3. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Yeah I have a bunch of posters I'd like framed, but frames in general are too damn expensive

scott likes this.
  4. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Maybe this has been mentioned but there are so really unique ones and they're all 8 bucks.

Home

scott likes this.
  5. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

6. Hahaha, the Funko thread actually came first, and then Henry made this one for people with non-Funko collections.

AelNire likes this.
  7. ChaseTx

I follow several artists on Instagram that make pins. Some pretty cool stuff

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Scoot chasing people out of my thread smh

scott and ChaseTx like this.
  9. Just letting people know about all of the wonderful threads we have for all of these things! Definitely wasn't trying to say that @AelNire shouldn't post here.

AelNire likes this.
  10. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I'm really into the Toy Story Signature Collection. I have all of them besides RC I've been trying to track him down in box, but it is so damn expensive now.

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I mostly meant official ones. That isn't a bad price for them. I'm just not sure I have a reason to grab them. lol

13. I guess they're not "official" but my friend bought a set at PAX one year and they seemed pretty high quality. But yeah, I don't really need them.

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I wish all of these were more affordable. I'm absolutely in love with them all.

[​IMG]

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

ChaseTx likes this.
  17. chris

Trusted Supporter

yup I'm gonna be pre-ordering that on Friday. Hopefully we get it in less than like 10 months like my last Mondo pre-order

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

What was the last one you got?

19. chris

Trusted Supporter

I got my Last of Us OST box set last month after ordering it around July of last year. I'm half joking, the Last of Us set pressing had a bunch of problems and had to be repressed and stuff, so I get it. Doubt the same thing will happen with this

Henry likes this.
  20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I remember the artwork on that thing being gorgeous.

21. ChaseTx

I'm not at a point where I can justify spending $50 on a toy. But I like it a lot