Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Circa Survive - The Amulet (September 22, 2017) Album • Page 154

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Jul 10, 2017.

1. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

This is easily my favorite album of theirs but there’s no so cal date for some reason? :(

beachdude likes this.
  2. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Not missing this. Two MI dates, might do both

Ken and ImAMetaphor like this.
  3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I noticed that too. No LA, OC, or San Diego show. Very strange.

4. musicfan10

Trusted

no okc, so dumb

5. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Looks like Polyphia and Gouge Away are opening

trevorshmevor likes this.
  6. Ellite25

Regular

Nothing in a SoCal. They usually always come through here. The 1975 skipped LA and the OC on their last tour too :(

beachdude likes this.
  7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I noticed this as well and immediately thought it was because of Coachella and radius clause, but then I realized that weekend 1 of Coachella they have 3 dates in Canada so it's not that.

Maybe there is an upcoming rock festival in SoCal that will have some sort of radius clause, maybe another Taste of Chaos? Or maybe they are planning something bigger for SoCal?

It's just a weird section of the US to be skipping since Anthony always hits up SoCal and does a ton of "special" shows in LA area exclusively. See: Saosin shows this December, TSOAF tours over the years, random one-off solo shows....

I think there will be something, we'll see

beachdude likes this.
  8. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

That is fascinating. Haven't seen Polyphia, I'll be there.

9. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I was thinking the same thing. We shall see

10. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Their stage presence was annoying and atrocious when I saw them. Sounded good though.

11. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Yeah, I kind of hate their shtick, but have always really enjoyed their music.

beachdude and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  12. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Portland, Washington :chin:

thenewmatthewperry and beachdude like this.
  13. Ellite25

Regular

Yeah I was shocked that they aren’t in SoCal. I’ve seen them 2-3 times at the Fox theater in Pomona, which I could understand if they went to the OC (HoB) or somewhere in LA. But nothing at all seems shocking for a band that is usually in this area on what seems like a yearly basis.

irthesteve likes this.
  14. irthesteve

Does anyone have a list of what has been released via their Patreon so far? I'm interested in maybe joining it, but want to know what I would be in for.

Your Milkshake likes this.
  15. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

Quite a lot:

11 Podcasts
    Monthly Contests
    Codes for merch off
    Song breakdowns
    8+ live versions of songs
    Some Reimagined songs

I'm missing some but they do a great job updating and sticking to their word. I'd suggest sigining up

16. irthesteve

Very cool! Thanks for the intel

17. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

best patreon i've supported.

with that said...I wish colin or brendan ran the podcast portion because 5 people interviewing 1 person is a mess

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

just wrapped my first full listen of Descensus in probably 3 or 4 years - i like it more than i remember. Will definitely put it in a more regular rotation to see if it slaps.

bachna84 likes this.
  19. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

any new album talk recently on the patreon?

20. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

In one of the Q&A's for level 4 patrons, I asked about that sorta and they seemed to say every one is writing in their own way. They have been focusing their time on the patreon covers and reimagined version of the old songs, etc.
    It seems like Anthony is posting little ideas on his insta.

21. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Its definitely the best Patreon I've supported so far. I'd say its worth it for the podcasts alone, really. The covers can be pretty cool as well, and the reimaginings of Circa songs are getting good too - the latest one is In Fear & Faith, and this is the first one they've really taken in a pretty different direction (I think?).

Definitely get it for the podcasts though! I haven't lol'd at any other podcast as much as I have at theirs. Genuinely really funny. I wasn't so into the Wim Hof one, but the rest have been great.

22. irthesteve

are the podcasts about the band and their music, or other things? and are the song re-imaginings downloadable or just stream?

23. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Generally, the later ones, they've been loose conversations, where they'll often try and anchor it around something to do with Circa, but its definitely not quite as formal as that. There've been some where they talk a lot about BLM, and the pandemic etc. So its kind of a mix of their day to day, but also Circa as a whole. They had Esao on one of them recently, and that covered a bunch of Circa stuff to do with Esao, but also Esao was talking about his dog going missing etc. They're definitely pretty loose & free flowing though, like listening to friends do a podcast type thing!

And yep, the songs they release are all downloadable!

irthesteve likes this.
  24. irthesteve

I might have to drop the Ace Enders one and pick this one up, thanks for all the info