Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cats • Page 6

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by oldjersey, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Carmen SD

Trusted

I found my treats at target. And pretty sure chewy sells them too. Luckily my cat hasn't ripped open treat bags yet, but has made small rips and tears in them haha

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I used to get one of those giant bags of diet iams for my cat and it definitely lasted awhile and was pretty affordable if I'm remembering correctly. I've been feeding her just wet food the last couple years at the suggestion of my vet, which probably runs us about $25 a month

3. Carmen SD

Trusted

That’s not too bad. I think my cat goes through a bag (not sure how many lbs) within a month and I don’t mind spending like $30 a month for better quality, but when I saw some brands are like $50, then that’s too much for my budget. My cat also gets .25-.5 can 3oz wet food (blue buffalo healthy gourmet and natural balance platefulls package) occasionally with the dry food.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. RyanPm40

Does anyone elses cat loudly chew on plastic bags and plants when they don't get their way? Mine is such a brat trying to get me to feed her haha

Dirty Sanchez and GrantCloud like this.
  5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

IMG_20190202_165657_281.jpg
    What a great feeling. I have an all black one! Poe! He's about 4 months old

6. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I got my cats some Churu treats for the first time ever, and results were mixed. My male cat is incredibly picky (he only likes regular Fancy Feast, and only the seafood pate varieties), and he sniffed it a few times and then walked away. My female cat wouldn't eat it out of the package like all of the cats do on Instagram, so I squeezed it onto a plate for her, and that did the trick.

7. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

We got our cat catnip for the first time and wow it's a game changer

8. RyanPm40

Love watching my cat spaz out from it lol she just sprints around the apartment at full speed and gets this crazy look in her eyes lmao.

We got one of those catnip filled scratching pads on the floor and she loves it. Seems to keep her from scratching the couch now

9. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Gave my cats a stuffed toy that had catnip in it. They ripped it open last night and it was chaos.

10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

My older cat Hamlet doesn't react to cat nip really, but Poe, who is around 4 months old, is a fucking savage on that stuff. I think i'm gonna pick up some for him today! Quite entertaining.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  11. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

Both of my cats are fans of catnip, but my male cat has some serious issues. I got them a toy that was basically a catnip-filled scratch pad that you hang from a doorknob, and he would constantly try to rip it open to get the nip out. This would involve latching on with all four paws and hanging upside down. This eventually resulted in my door handle actually coming off entirely.

oldjersey likes this.
  12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I got catnip spray, anyone ever use that?

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  13. jorbjorb

7 rings

:heart: Love him :heart:

14. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

You sure can tell cait is an English teacher

Borat and oldjersey like this.
  15. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

IMG_20190224_104325_996.jpg

RyanPm40, mercury, Fletchaaa and 2 others like this.
  16. mercury

modern-day offspring fanatic Supporter

Currently on vacation and missing this lil guy. :heart:

Attached Files:

RyanPm40, SlappinCups and oldjersey like this.
  17. RyanPm40

I see this was posted on Wednesday so I'm guessing you already tried it :P.

But I have used it in the past, and I learned that with my cat, the sound of a spray can scares the shit out of her so I can't spray it anywhere near her, and it doesn't seem to be quite as effective as regular catnip (but far less messy). Of course every cat is different, I'm curious what your experience ended up being!

I will say.. one stupid mistake I made in the past is that we had this pheromone spray to detract cats from scratching certain surfaces (didn't work) and.. the can looked VERY similar to the catnip spray. I'm sure you can imagine how that backfired on us lmao.

18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

It didn't seem to be too effective. I got it for 97 cents at walmart so I didn't invest too much hope into it. I'm confused as to how other cat nip works though, the kind that looks like weed? Do I just lay it on the ground for them??

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. RyanPm40

Haha yep! I can sprinkle some directly on the floor and my cat will just body slam on top of it and roll around on it for 30 seconds until she's covered in it lol. From there, she's just in attack mode, sprinting around the house and playing with everything.

I also found a little stuffed mouse with velcro that you can pour some catnip into to make things less messy, but mine will still sometimes rip the velcro open.

supernovagirl and oldjersey like this.
  20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Copy that, getting some ASAP.

supernovagirl and RyanPm40 like this.
  21. Borat, Ken, Jake W and 6 others like this.
  22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

23. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

oldjersey likes this.
  24. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

This oldie but goodie of me and my boy showed up on my timehop today

8ED6279A-D49F-417B-95AE-0F3FE62BDB15.jpeg

K0ta, Ken, mercury and 4 others like this.
  25. RyanPm40

Omg Fresh Steps is seriously the worst "clumping" litter I've ever used. Just soaked litter with no clumping whatsoever, I highly recommend against it if anyone's looking lol

Scoop Away works incredibly well, though.