Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cats • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by oldjersey, Nov 20, 2018.

1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I know, I didn't want you guys to yell at me. I'm moving in this weekend so it technically hasn't happened yet!

Ken likes this.
  2. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Lmao yell at you for what! The only reason I would yell at you is if you’re still doing the weird half hearted thing. Are you?
    And anyway, I’m the last person to talk lmao. I just don’t want your situation to reflect mine TOO much lol

Ken and Joe4th like this.
  3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Hahaha. Definitely not half-hearted. I promise.

Ken, Joe4th and supernovagirl like this.
  4. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Tell her I said sorry

Joe4th, Ken, supernovagirl and 2 others like this.
  5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Hahahahaha

Ken, Fucking Dustin and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  6. Zach

Trusted Supporter

I’m convinced all tabby males are gentlemen who cover their goods when cleaning themselves

oldjersey likes this.
  7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

How's yours doin? Growing up?

8. Zach

Trusted Supporter

He is! He has grown a lot

2CCEF01E-4FB1-419D-AEF4-C512DE532814.jpeg

9. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

What kind of carriers do y’all use for your cats? My cat absolutely hates and FIGHTS me when I try to put him in his old plastic carrier. So I wonder if I got him one of those ones that look more like a duffel bag he will be more relaxed about it.

10. Zach

Trusted Supporter

We use some brand from PetSmart (Grrreat Choice I think?). Our two older cats have no problem with them, but Finn is not a fan of being put in a cage. Probably cause it has only been for the vet so far, whereas the other two have gone on vacations with us lol. The cages are heavy duty and have plenty of air flow

GrantCloud and RyanPm40 like this.
  11. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

My cat does not love going into her plastic carrier but is fine once she's in. Throwing in some treats and pushing her butt into the carrier once she's halfway in usually goes fine

GrantCloud likes this.
  12. Zach

Trusted Supporter

We put ping pong balls in there with them too

oldjersey, RyanPm40 and GrantCloud like this.
  13. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah I feel bad, whenever he is in it he cries constantly and gets to the point where he pants because he tires himself out. He had surgery Thursday and I need to take him in for a check up today so I’m just seeing if trying a different carrier will help, I rather not stress him out too much especially since he has a few stitches right now. Poor guy.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

We got one of the duffel style ones for our cat and she loves it

GrantCloud likes this.
  15. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah he loves sleeping in my duffel bags so I might go this route and get him some snackz

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  16. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

One time I put a calming collar on him knowing we were going on a road trip and he chewed it off, lolol

dadbolt and oldjersey like this.
  17. RyanPm40

My old cat was the worst with carriers. She'd get nasty out of nowhere, hissing and would start pissing inside the crate in the car. Even in one of those big cardboard ones they give at the vet

18. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

My cat is too big for a duffel bag type but I have a big plastic crate type
    The secret is 100% to drop them in backwards.
    So like, place the open crate on its back end facing up.
    Then I mean, like, lower them in backwards lol they won’t really fight it and once they’re in enough you can just drop them and shut the door and then lower it down so it’s horizontal

Hoping that makes sense but I can almost promise it will change your life lol

19. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Update: I bought one of those duffel bag style ones (Sherpa is the brand?) where the top and the side open with more visibility for him, hoping it keeps him more calm. Also got him some treats for the trip to the vet tomorrow, will report back, haha.

20. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah this is how I initially get him in, but it still takes two of us to get him in. (Someone lowers him, the other one holds his hind legs/cage door) but he’s such a stubborn butt head.

supernovagirl likes this.
  21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Cait has some renovating she is going to get done at our place (it was flooded a month ago thank god for insurance) then after that I am going to look at getting my own cat. There is a 'cat cafe' down by me that works with an adoption agency which I think will be perfect (avoided the pun) to meet my first personal cat.

supernovagirl and GrantCloud like this.
  22. shea

RIP Supporter

I have never heard my cat Lucy so much as hiss but a few months ago she had what we thought might be a bladder infection so we had to take her to the vet. Getting her into the carrier to leave was fine. Into the vet, no problem. Sitting in the waiting room, a breeze. She was a little skittish during the exam, but overall, no issues. The tech offered to help get her back in the carrier for the ride home once everything was finished and she turned into a fucking demon. They had to get the "cat gloves" and came back with full blown finger to shoulder leather bird gloves.

I have never heard such noises in my entire life but now they haunt my dreams.

RyanPm40 and GrantCloud like this.
  23. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Imagine this, but every time he has to go in his crate lol

RyanPm40 and shea like this.
  24. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s p hard to stay mad at this handsome boi tho

Attached Files:

dadbolt, mercury, oldjersey and 4 others like this.
  25. RyanPm40

Aww what a beautiful cat! Miss having long-haired kitties, minus the extra vacuuming :crylaugh:

GrantCloud and Dirty Sanchez like this.