Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Captain Marvel (Boden/Fleck, March 8, 2019) Movie • Page 36

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Blimp City Hero, Oct 24, 2017.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Psyched to pick this up later this week

2. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

This is the first time I’m not buying the movie, not unless Apple/Disney decide to release their stuff in 4K on iTunes. Otherwise I’m waiting on Disney+ for this and End Game. I haven’t bought 4K Blu-Rays and I’m not going to start.

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

4. 8C26424C-02DD-4C5F-925B-D7082E20FC8C.png

Ah things are still going well around this website I see

Cameron, Zilla, Jonathan and 2 others like this.
  5. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

6. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Not one but THREE women? Surely the reddit trolls are seething.

7. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Damn, didn't get to read before it was deleted but I can imagine…

RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

K0ta, Cameron, Jonathan and 2 others like this.
  9. ghostxvapor

Trusted

"Sources say that Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, who co-wrote and directed the initial film hit, will not return to helm the sequel but are in talks to remain in the Marvel Universe and direct a possible Disney+ series"
    This is interesting. A few people said to me "They will get a different director for the sequel"

Jonathan likes this.
  10. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

I think they did a wonderful job starting off the character/getting us interested. I’d love to see Danvers get a Winter-soldier level sequel (and not Iron Man 2/Thor: Dark World vibes.) Just my two cents (Captain Marvel ranks around the middle of the MCU for me personally.)

ghostxvapor and CarpetElf like this.
  11. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

When you think about it, CM2 is going to be an entirely different style of movie.

Carol not only has had her own origin film, but she's also been a small yet essential character in the franchise's most significant film. Now that she's well established, I think we'll see a film follow her on her adventures around the universe (probably based around a Skrull/Kree war). I think the style and tone of CM2 will be totally different, hence why they'd get new directors.

When you look at the types of films Boden and Fleck make, I think they're style will fight right in with a Disney+ series/mini series.

Jonathan and RyanPm40 like this.
  12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious