Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Marvels (Nia DaCosta, November 10, 2023) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Serh Apr 3, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 6, 2020)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

will add more details as i see em, but so far it seems they have megan mcdonnell is at least one of their writers, and they're looking for a new person for director

2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Sub

3. Kuri44

You can add this to the aged like milk subreddit in two years if I’m wrong, but these marvel/superhero movies have worn out their welcome.

4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Not for me

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I mean they were never high art or super interesting to me. Just when done right are a lot of fun, and shed light on certain supers I wasn’t familiar with. This being one of them.

6. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Counting on it.

Kuri44 and Serh like this.
  7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

well well

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

fixed the title a bit

10. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Hell yeah that fucking rules

11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’ve never watched any of her work, but the reviews of her films are promising.

Rumor has it that this film will be packed with characters.

12. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Give me Rogue, She-Hulk, Spider-Woman

13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Give me more Captain Marvel flying through the air and shooting dragon ball z energy balls into people

14. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Don’t know her work, but Marvel actually getting a black director for a non-black film is obviously cool. Also glad for a fresh voice after the first one felt surprisingly lukewarm to me.

And, yeah, there are a lot of characters I’d enjoy seeing in this, if they fit the story. Rogue, Ms Marvel, obviously the grown up Monica Rambeau, maybe some Alpha Flight, Abigail Brand...

SpyKi likes this.
  15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

believe fox did the same thing over a decade ago w/ the fantastic four movies

16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I hope this film takes place after Endgame as well. I know Feige said they were throwing ideas around it taking place before endgame but I’d rather see stories continuing from the aftermath of the Thanos storyline.

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Anthony_ likes this.
  18. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Wow that is definitely an exciting choice!

19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah, definitely glad it's being conveyed that pocs directing big films like this shouldn't be limited to (lack of better term) "black stuff"

20. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Awesome news. Prob bodes well for how good Candyman is gonna be

21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I would be very surprised if Ms Marvel is not in this now that it’s being reported that we’ll see her in the MCU before her D+ show premieres.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  23. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

exciting choice but i’m always a little concerned with when they choose directors with established voices, especially ones with less of a big budget track record, that they erase the director’s voice to fit the “this is a MCU movie” template. outside of taika and coogler, which one of the directors of the other movies really left their imprint on the canon?

24. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Gunn maybe? Seemed like the movies started leaning toward Guardians style but that could also be because the story was heading cosmic anyway

25. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I'd put James Gunn in the same category as Taika Waititi & Ryan Coogler when it comes to directors able to make Marvel Studios films their own. Arguably Shane Black & Joss Whedon (unfortunately) to various degrees, too, in spite of those relationships having more creative... tension. But, not an unfair question for Marvel, or Disney in general, lol.

I'm still so curious how much Chloé Zhao will be discernible in Eternals.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.