Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bug Reports (Public) Bug

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Jason Tate, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Please post any bugs that you come across in this thread.

Things that will help: As much of a description of the bug as possible. What you were doing when it occurred, what page you were on, and information about what browser, operating system, and device you were using when it happened. If screenshots are helpful in describing the issue, please include them.

If you have suggestions or future feature ideas for the forums, please use this thread.

2. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I noticed this embedded Vine was cut off. I'm using Chrome on Windows 10.
    Capture.PNG

3. Does it fix itself if you hit refresh?

For some reason some of the embeds are weird like that and will like half-load some times. I'm not totally sure why am trying to figure it out.

4. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Yeah, I just went back to the page and it was fine.

5. Gonna drive me nuts until I figure out why it's doing that. Grumble.

6. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

I asked Brandon to link me his post from last night and he sent me this link: The Final Post on AP.net, The Transition to Chorus • Page 10 • forum.chorus.fm

which sent me to a page (not post) starting with this post: The Final Post on AP.net, The Transition to Chorus • Page 10 • forum.chorus.fm

for me, the link to his post is: The Final Post on AP.net, The Transition to Chorus • Page 7 • forum.chorus.fm

I know it's because we're on different PPP, but shouldn't you be able to link posts regardless?

7. I'm not sure how he got the link he used. If he used the one from his post (the date) it should give you the correct post no matter what the ppp is set to. My guess is he just copied it from his browser, which isn't gonna be a direct permalink to specific post because it's the thread link.

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I was tagged in a post, but during another user's editing, which didn't lead me to getting a notification. I'm going to test this by tagging you in an edit, and seeing if you get the notification

EDIT: @Jason Tate

9. Tagging in an edit won't send the notification, that's currently by design for some technical and implementation reasons.

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Sounds good, wanted to make sure you knew at least ;-)

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Issue 1: Uploading a new avatar upload mechanism is a bit wonky.
    - If you check the box to delete the current one, it doesn't upload at all. It goes back to the ghost even if you previously had a custom one, and it doesn't change it. Maybe it uploads then deletes rather than deleting then uploading?
    - After uploading a custom avatar, it doesn't change in your view until you navigate away from the page and come back.
    Issue 2: Cannot log in using IE (I was only testing to see if the avatar uploading worked better).
    - The browser can't handle the faded section properly and instead fades the whole page. When you click it, the login section goes away. If you care about IE ;)

12. CyberInferno

Is that so people don't get repeat notifications each time someone revises a comment with their tag in it? Just curious about the technical aspect.

13. Yep, that's the main reason. And comparing post history to see if a tag was added or removed and if a notification was already sent or not is a pain in the butt.

14. CyberInferno

Agreed. You'd basically need a separate table to track notifications with entries for every single post. Definitely not worth that hassle.

Thought it might be worth adding some kind of indicator that tagging people while editing messages will not result in an alert for that person. Maybe the same way that the "draft saved" notification just showed up on my post.

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I noticed the last day or so a lot of my followed threads stopped giving me notifications. The biggest being the general chat thread.

When I visit the thread they come back in again but I get off the site and 30 minutes later no updates yet I've seen multiple posts have been made.

16. That's actually the expected behavior based on number of threads you follow. It's to avoid you getting thousands of notifications when you return to the site. They "start up" again once you visit those specific threads.

Nick likes this.
  17. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Ok. I was curious. Noticed that some followed threads weren't giving them. That's actually pretty good. I just thought it was a bug you should know.

18. All threads or a specific one? Any extensions active?

19. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

@Jason Tate Do supporters not get prestigious status?

20. KimmyGibbler

21. Wharf Rat

yeah i was having that same problem when i realized i was subbed to a bunch of threads i didn't care enough about to be worth having them explode my "followed threads" page

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. KimmyGibbler

I am still trying to figure that stuff out, I need to mess with my notifications to find out what works for me. Right now my notifications are blowing up.

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. Wharf Rat

also dude i'm like 80% that the post link thing is real. its happened twice now because of ppp differences

24. If the link looks like this https://forum.chorus.fm/posts/44261 it's the right one that'll jump to the correct post no matter what the ppp. Right click the time and click "copy link address" I'm guessing someone is clicking that link and then copying the address bar that results from it, which will not be an exact permalink.

Vincentbiz and ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ like this.