Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bring Me The Horizon - Amo (January 25, 2019) Album • Page 44

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ArmsLikeTeeth, Aug 9, 2018.

1. BigMouth Oct 30, 2020
    (Last edited: Oct 30, 2020)
    After a few listens Teardrops and 1x1 are too forgettable and/or close to LP for me to really care about, but I love every other song. Kingslayer is massive.

2. tvck

Trusted

God damnit I love this EP. so good

3. tvck

Trusted

Dear Diary was a massive way to start this. Probably my favorite song of theirs in years.

Christian Romero likes this.
  4. drummerAVA

Trusted

5. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Dear Diary is a punch to the face with a bazooka

tvck likes this.
  6. I'm really happy with every song on this EP honestly. I love 1x1, this one will be a blast in the car with friends. Teardrops might be my favorite song they've done in a while. Kingslayer and Dear Diary are a surprise in the best way, glad to hear some heavier songs again. Bring Me The Horizon continuously hit it out of the park for me, I love this.

7. SPine

Trusted

This is pretty sick. Didn't listen to the singles much. Teardrops is a banger.

8. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

KING

SLAYER

Fuck, just finished the EP. It's everything I love about the band but bigger, louder, more dynamic AND melodic. Oli has never, ever sounded better (even if part of those are Fish, as usual).

I mean, it's an absolute monster. If this is as good as these EP's are gonna be, bring it on.

Kerrbs, JamesMichael, SpyKi and 2 others like this.
  9. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Listened to this quickly this morning in the background. Got done listening with headphones, and WOW. Yes, this is so great. I’m so happy they aren’t hesitant to bring the heavier elements back while keeping them “tasteful”. Like, it’s not “ok now here’s you’re breakdown” cut and dry formula, it’s all really well implemented.

10. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Loved reading about them getting sued by Evanescence from Nihilist Blues, not even fighting it, then Amy Lee reaches out saying she'd like to collaborate after. That's cool.

11. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Just finished my first listen. Wow, really impressive. Obey doesn’t do much for me but dear diary and king slayer were real head turners holy shit.

12. Tomozaurus

Regular

Yeah nail on the head, I think this is what I like about them on Amo and this one.

I heard this too, what song is Nihilist Blues ripping off?

13. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

14. OdeToTheSun

Ø

“Never Go Back” from their self titled album supposedly

Tomozaurus likes this.
  15. Tomozaurus

Regular

Thanks. I just listened to it, the vocal melody in the second verse is indeed very similar to Grimes' part from Nihilist Blues.

16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Dear Diary is fantastic. I like the rest but that song is by far my favourite.

17. 150Wrds

I didn't mind them going down the Amo route, as I loved that record, but it's great to have some heavy elements back.

Loving this, Teardrops is my favourite currently. Love Kingslayer as well.

18. Gianni

Trusted

I was a bit wary that hearing half of this thing before its release over a nearly one year rollout would diminish it somewhat. I was dead wrong. Hearing Ludens, Parasite Eve, etc within the context of the EP just makes them hit harder in my opinion. It almost feels like "greatest hits" in a way, it's just banger after banger. Definitely echo what others have said about this being the perfect combo of everything this band does well.

Maybe it's time to create a new thread specifically for Post Human? I'd do it myself, but I gotta get to 20 posts first..... #newbie.

19. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Damn, the drums on Parasite Eve are just insanely great. Like the ghost notes in the snare is such a subtle and cool touch

BigMouth likes this.
  20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This record just grows on me more and more. Lyrically speaking, this is as timely as it gets. The fact that a lot of it was by coincidence and good timing is low key nuts.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Also; I’ve done a full 180 on Itch/Kingslayer. They rule.

22. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

King slayer is the best SS track, aside from Sadness

23. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Gianni28 likes this.