Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

blink-182 - NINE (September 20, 2019) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Jul 19, 2019.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

D57B7B28-A7F1-49D9-AAAD-A3089F7951E8.jpeg

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

this is the earliest I have seen a leak in a while

4. @Jason Tate
    Assuming you've listened. Initial thoughts?

5. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Is it any good?

6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

7. Jusscali

I mean I have serious doubts but I’d love to hear some positive stuff before I give it a go.

8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Oh, it’s fantastic. IMO The singles, aside from Darkside and Happy days, don’t really do the rest of the album justice.

I’ll also add that I think blink just set the bar even higher for modern day pop punk/pop rock bands. This album is blink in 2019. That’s for sure.

333 GANG likes this.
  9. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

The poppunkers subreddit has really good things to say about this - not that we need to give reddit opinions validation

jorbjorb likes this.
  10. pbueddi

Trusted

Seems like mostly positivity all around!

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. AWasteOfATime Sep 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 11, 2019)
    AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

its....not bad. I don't like it as much as California on first listen. There's a song in the middle of it that sounds like Crimson that fucking owns.

I feel like this things biggest weakness is that it has too much filler, which was also kind of my problem w california.

It kind of feels like they wanted to go in both a poppier direction (blame it on my youth, darkside) but also a darker rock direction (ala Untitled) and these things,,,,,kind of prevent them from making a ton of headway in either direction, if that makes sense?

FTank and bradsonemanband like this.
  12. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I have four tracks left and like most of it. I've listened to "Pin the Grenade" like six times already.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  13. 333 GANG

ACAB

This fucking rules. Most of this is exactly how I want blink to sound in 2019.

14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Great running album. Typically if it’s a great running album, it’s also a great gym album.

I just can’t get over how huge and anthemic almost every single chorus is. That’s gotta be the Feldy-effect. His production on NINE is a huge step up from CA too. It’s almost night and day to me.

Jim and 333 GANG like this.
  15. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

So pleasantly surprised by how much I like this

Jim and 333 GANG like this.
  16. AMusial625

Regular

Black Rain and No Heart to Speak Of rule so fucking hard.

Blink182Bouncer and Daniel182 like this.
  17. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Probably my two favorites actually. Heaven is up there too.

18. This is good

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. Truly a blink 182 record in 2019 has no business being this good but im here for it

20. irthesteve

Very enjoyable on first listen. California sounds like Mark, Travis and Matt trying to sound like blink-182's past. This sounds like Mark, Travis and Matt creating something new with each other. I really feel a lot more Matt influence here, and I feel like more Matt vocals in general.

The only thing on first listen that I would call a negative is that a fair amount of it sounds similar at first, but I am sure that will pass over time.

Overall a very positive first listen, really happy

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  21. irthesteve

Honestly, this is what I had always dreamed up when I heard Matt was joining blink, so many Alk3 vibes in here that really, really work

22. tomtom94

Trusted

The impressions I'm getting in this thread confirm to me my theory about the label having no idea how to sell this album

23. Jusscali

How so?