Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 916

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I actually read a post from someone who said this tour was selling so bad that blink got desperate and rebranded the tour as the EotS tour to try and move tickets ... Why do people WANT to hate anything and everything?

2. I blame social media and just the internet in general, ha.

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  3. Jackbo487

Regular

Hollywood Whore? Just watched the video and I hear it -- doesn't help that it has a piano riff that sounds like Numb, haha.

He's a big LP fan, though, so I take it as an 'homage' more than anything else...

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I’ve seen people post that too. It baffles me.

“Play some deep cuts!”

“We’ll play a whole album then so you get singles and deep cuts while celebrating an album.”

“DESPERATE!!”

They also forget mark hinting at doing this WAY before the tour was announced

David Parke and TheJMan like this.
  5. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Right, besides the fact that this wouldn’t be a desperate move even if it hadn’t been in the works for a while. They thought this would be a tour to promote a new album and now it didn’t pan out so they rethought their plan. No big deal. Blink hasn’t had trouble selling tickets in who knows how long, but for some reason people just enjoy watching others fail.

6. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

maybe i’m just cynical (pun intended) but i think that them announcing this late that it’s an EOTS tour is absolutely in part to sell more tickets.

i’m not knocking them for it, but to pretend that it’s not at least a partial factor seems odd to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. BTDandFeelingThis

The only thing that makes me think that is not the case is the fact Mark was talking about and hinting at it before the tour was even announced. If that hadn’t been the case I’d be more inclined to say maybe that was the case

8. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Oh you all hate on Tom just as much as people hate on current blink. Everyone hates everyone in blink world.

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  9. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I wasn’t pretending they weren’t doing it to sell tickets. My point is that there’s a huge difference between doing this as a business decision to make the tour more successful and pretending their tour is going to tank so they needed to do something in order to pull it out of the fire. One narrative is accusing them of being desperate.

As I said, they probably intended for this to be an album promotion tour. This was a solid and smart back up plan.

10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Pffffft. Is blink-182 even a band anymore? (Sarcasm)

Most difficult fan base to please ever.

11. I like Blink-182. :shrug: I hate the same conversations that have been had a billion times before.

12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Agreed. If their plan was to play EOTS in full from the start, then why did they not announce it right away? Why did they announce it when it became obvious the shows were not selling?

bachna84 likes this.
  13. Jason Tate Jun 6, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 6, 2019)
    One reason could be because the 20th anniversary of the album was right before they announced it and they were seeing all the retrospective pieces written and the new merch “capsule” and that finalized it.

I don’t understand why it matters; it’s all speculation.

14. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

I will say the EOTS announcement pushed me from "I'm skipping this tour" to "must go". I don't bother with the politics and the business aspects of it at all. The announcement just incentivized me to buy a ticket, and I can't wait to see that album played live. :lego:

15. BTDandFeelingThis

It’s Groundhog Day: Blink-182 Chorus

David Parke likes this.
  16. [​IMG]

17. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

What about thread bans on site if you post any troll-like Tom comments, or if you have a horrendously ill-informed take that mentions the word “rap,” as if you aren’t a total narc

We can make this a utopia if we all work together

18. TheJMan

Trusted

Maybe they thought to themselves we spent a lot of money for that Enema back drop for Back To The Beach and decided to get a return on the investment?

Honestly though at the end of the day who cares whether it was planned all long or a panic move. If you’re excited to go to hear the album front to back along with some new songs and old hits and have a good time that’s all that matters.

talltomaz and popdisaster00 like this.
  19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I would love a banner or poster version of that enema backdrop. Was really hoping that was going to be a merch option.

David Parke and TheJMan like this.
  20. 333 GANG

ACAB

I think you took their post just a tad too seriously, my friend.

FTank likes this.
  21. Blink182Bouncer Jun 6, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 6, 2019)
    Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Tbh you're right, and I deleted my post, but it feels like the past 2 weeks has just been people complaining about other people being "annoying" or "wrong" which is actually just making it worse and exploding the drama into this thread into something WAY bigger than it really is.

333 GANG likes this.
  22. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

This thread really wants the Thrice thread's crown

23. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

It snatched that crown and is already 10 miles down the road. 16.093 Kilometers, sorry @aliens exist

24. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

We all need to perform the 5 movements simultaneously to travel to a dimension where this threads not repetitive and annoying.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.