Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ben Affleck Has Written Script for Batman Film

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Graeme McMillan, writing for The Hollywood Reporter, has revealed that Ben Affleck has written a script for a standalone Batman film, but that he is currently only contracted for the next two Justice League movies.

“He’s contracted to do at least Justice League One and Two, so at least three times wearing the cape,” he says, adding, “There’s a script that he’s written that is a really cool [Batman] idea, so that’s out there as an option.”

As we’ve been talking about in the movie thread, I think Affleck was the best part of this ok, but very flawed movie. I am more interested in an Affleck written and directed Batman movie than I am anything Zack Snyder does going forward.

The post Ben Affleck Has Written Script for Batman Film appeared first on chorus.fm.

2. CMilliken

Trusted

Heard he was the best part of Batman V Superman. Still need to see the movie but if he really is the best part of that movie I'd be interested in seeing a stand alone batman with him.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Still haven't seen BvS, but most of my friends who've seen it say he's the best part.

4. Beholdtheriver

Regular

I LOVE the thought of multiple Batfleck films. Maybe they could be prequels to BvS

Jason Tate and Ryan like this.
  5. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Need 10 of these asap.

Beholdtheriver likes this.
  6. Beholdtheriver

Regular

GOOD Arkham style films with The Riddler, Penguin, Two-Face, Robin/Red Robin, and eventually, The Joker would be up there with new Star Wars films for me.

CMilliken and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  7. AbsolutePunk

No affiliation with absolutepunk.net or Chorus.fm

I was really surprised at how much I liked his version of batman

8. DeeZee

If Young Metro Don't Trust You... Prestigious

I feel like it'd have to be a prequel. Felt like they just dropped us in the middle of his story in BVS.

9. AidanCloakit

It's definitely some exciting news. I thought he'd be able to do a good job as Batman when he was first announced and hearing all of the praise is great. I'd love to see what he's come up with as a standalone.

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I hope he pulls off a standalone movie. He was literally the only good part of the movie.

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. kiguel182 Apr 3, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 4, 2016)
    kiguel182

Regular

I didn't hate the movie and, as flawed as it is, it was an enjoyable movie experience. But Affleck is, easily, what I liked the most in the movie and I'm really curious about what he does with the character by himself. He is a much better screen-writer and director than Snyder without a doubt.

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Really hope this happens.

13. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

This is exactly what I want.

14. Chummel

This Must Be My Dream

Hopefully this comes sooner rather than later