Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Zack Snyder, March 25th, 2016) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is an upcoming American superhero film featuring the DC Comics characters Batman and Superman, distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. It is intended to be the follow-up to 2013's Man of Steel and the second installment in the DC Extended Universe. The film is directed by Zack Snyder, with a screenplay written by Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer. The film stars Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Jeremy Irons, Holly Hunter, and Gal Gadot. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice will be the first live-action film to feature both Batman and Superman, as well as the first theatrical film to feature live-action portrayals of Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Cyborg.

2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

New trailer is so good.

4. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Going to be getting a R-rated Blu-ray director's cut. Awesome.

5. Interesting. Probably more violence. The Daredevil effect.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  6. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Getting really hyped for this. I want to go day one, but I'm not sure I want to deal with the crowds lol.

7. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Part of me thinks this will be great, part of me thinks I'll hate it.

8. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I am pumped to be seeing this for free and a few days early. In fact I should request the following day off now.

9. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Got tickets for opening night. Cannot wait.

10. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I'm nervously excited for this. I'm either going to really love it or absolutely hate it

11. Despite not being a huge comic book person (and my opinions on comic book movies being shit), this looks awesome and I'm pretty hyped for the DC universe.

12. :batman: v :superman:

(And the real winner: :wonderwoman:)

iplaydrums and Eric Wilson like this.
  13. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

:wonderwoman: will be the best part and I can't wait to see her movie, but ugh Snyder will do XYZ wrong with :superman::batman:.

14. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Oh yes... Again, just amazing. :wonderwoman:is going to kill it.

15. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Jena Malone's character is gonna be in the R-rated version and her character was "leaked." I put it in quotes because it was released in a survey for WB Forum Members only and has NDA all over them typically. Weird thing is I'm a member and I have yet to see this survey.

16. Tim

I saw a theory that she's playing just plain old Barbara Gordon, which I would like because then she could still become Batgirl, but I'm still banking on that being totally in the past, and her being Oracle now, and then including a Killing Joke flashback, and my gosh I hate that comic.

17. Colby Searcy

That's the one, and it's likely to be a Killing Joke reference since the R-rating is due to violence. I'm still interested to see how it all plays out.

18. Tim

If the R-rated version has Joker shooting Barbara and the main version doesn't, I legitimately just won't watch the R-rated version. It bums me out so much that people still love that story so much.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  19. Colby Searcy

I mean I get the historical significance for it's time I guess but society has moved on and it definitely needs to be acknowledged. I own the graphic novel myself but haven't read it and I only bought it because it was recommended to me when I first got into comics.

20. So, so, so, so many better Batman stories IMO than that one. I'm with @Tim.

I mean, I'm also the guy that don't really like Miller's "classics," besides Year One, though.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  21. Colby Searcy

I'd definitely agree, although I believe the only one I read was Year One and honestly didn't really enjoy that either.

22. Tim

Year One is my favorite Batman story, but I'm also a weird Batman fan. I love that it's almost more of a Gordon story, and the art is excellent.

Never understood the Dark Knight Returns hype.

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I only recently read The Killing Joke and there was almost nothing interesting about it.

Give us HUSH.

Jason Tate, Tim and Colby Searcy like this.
  24. Tim

I haven't read Hush since high school. Dang. Gotta revisit it.

Jason Tate likes this.
  25. Colby Searcy

That's definitely my favorite, outside of Snyder's run. Apparently i'm on a Batman kick tonight, turned all these threads into Batman ones.

Jason Tate likes this.