Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bands you loved that faded away • Page 40

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Northstar was so good.

Emokid79 likes this.
  2. Emokid79

Regular

davxdcampbell likes this.
  3. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

I actually spoke to Matt at a show recently, and he made it pretty clear to not expect anything from them any time soon.

4. davxdcampbell

A change of pace

sonder likes this.
  5. davxdcampbell

I saw Watashi Wa on the tooth and nail tour in 2004 I think. Further seems forever was supposed to headline the show but they broke up the week before. First time seeing mewithout you as well.

irthesteve likes this.
  6. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Codeseven, that's a good one!

Emokid79 likes this.
  7. Maddy

Regular

Anyone here hear of/remember the band Gratitude? Really liked their album in 2005

8. Windowsdown

I wonder what's going on with them. They were supposed to tour Europe and play Slamdunk in the UK recently but they cancelled everything without a proper explanation.

9. cyclones_37

I built this vessel and it could capsize anytime Supporter

irthesteve likes this.
  10. dzyjay

Regular

Probably been said in this thread but .moneen.

11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Here's another deep cut. If anyone else loved Eye, Alaska when they were around (very shortly), their singer has a new album out that is pretty enjoyable

"Loser" is a good starting point

12. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Loved eye Alaska, definitely gonna check this out

irthesteve and beachdude like this.
  13. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I had been meaning to check out Eye Alaska before since a friend recommended them... finally listening to them and this is insanely good.

14. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I have...no clue why but I just spun And Don't Forget to Breathe back to back. This was/is SUCH a good record.

15. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

I discovered an old external hard drive from back in the day and my GOD WHAT A TREASURE CHEST! So much good music I had forgotten about.

Larger Than Life (Pop Punk band that was just pure and fun and everything I grew up loving about the genre)

Hangnail - Friendly Advice (this track was always on my sports and workout mixes. If you can find it listen)

Between Home & Serenity - Power Weapons in the Complex (loved the track “to redefine”)

Scenic Attraction - Short Cry For a Long Lie album in full on this sucker.

Astoria - Start Again (great album and then they fell off the face of the Earth. Didn’t want fame apparently. “The Stars are Restless Alone” was so good as was “Electricity” and “Start Again”.

Last Week - I have two of their albums. My God so good. Their track “You Said You Wouldn’t Lie” and another called “Unpredictable” and “Girl From Long Island”.

Man so many more. What a great day! You name it and I got it. So much great stuff on here.

16. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Man I loved that Between Home & Serenity record

17. wakaflockajamez

die die die, cry cry cry

one of the most underrated bands of all time IMO

18. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

What the helll happened to this band?

19. irthesteve

20. SoundscapeMN

Regular

I kind of see Facing New York to being Happy Body Slow Brain -> Rare Futures.

21. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

There was a math rock (ish) band that reminded me of At The Drive In and put out on great album then disappeared as far as I know.

A Voice Like Rhetoric

Fuck, they were rad

22. vidiviciveni

Trusted

FYI Kenny Bridges currently plays in Say Anything and the rest of the band has returned as Seas

coleslawed likes this.
  23. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, Seas is great, but Moneen is something truly special, especially The Red Tree.

24. robb

Regular

God damn. The most recent post (according to search, anyway) about them is this old?

Oh well - happy 11:11 day!

25. irthesteve

I used to LOVE this album, gotta listen again ASAP

supernovagirl likes this.