Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Audio Equipment Thread (Headphones/Microphones/Speakers, etc.) • Page 3

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Does anyone have any suggestions on good budget stereo receivers with a phono input? Also need to have a pre out for a subwoofer since I plan on grabbing one of those too. My set up is feeling a little incomplete as of late.

2. armistice

Captain Vietnam: Bestower of Tumors

What are you using now? What's the draw/channel for your speakers? I tend to steer people towards upgrading speakers/headphones before amps, receivers, or anything else. I also tend to prefer amps over receivers for audio, but if you have a bunch of components and want radio or whatnot I get that. For under $500 you can go pretty much any way you want. Yamaha R-S300 or HK 3700 would probably get my vote. It's really preference though. I know people that swear by Denon. I don't personally like Onkyo or (current) Pioneer stuff, but I've seen great reviews of some of their stuff.

3. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Totally forgot to update this, but I snagged a Denon AVR-2106 plus a Reel sub for $150. They we're used but everything hooked up and works fine. I basically just wanted to add a sub and my little audio amp I had couldn't add that. Using those with my Sony turntable and Polk bookshelf speakers.

4. armistice

Captain Vietnam: Bestower of Tumors

Nice! Yea if you can find deals on stuff, it's pretty common in the audio realm to not have the newest anything. Great audio has been around for a long time.

5. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah and the shop owner let me at least plug it in there to be sure it powered up hah. He took a piece of the set for himself, the CD changer I believe so if that was still working fine, it seemed safe to assume the receiver did too. Someone was just looking to get rid of stuff she didn't have room for anymore. And the sub was tossed in for free so I couldn't really complain.

6. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

Anyone have a recommendation for a decent record player? Not looking to spend much more than $100

7. I own and love this one; it gets the job done wonderfully for the price.

Kyle is hk likes this.
  8. Yeah I own that one too. I love it

Kyle is hk likes this.
  9. monokit

master average

Yo divide this sub into pro audio and home audio.

10. jorbjorb

7 rings

nothingsforeverdude likes this.
  11. Kristen

Regular

Any suggestions on wireless headphones under $100 covering your ears (not sure what these are actually called). This style
    https://goo.gl/cdalmV Right now I use beats but I don't want to spend that much. These would be used for working out so sound quality is a factor but not the most important factor.

12. alex

notgonz Prestigious

I have good headphones but I don't like leaving the house with them so I was wondering if anyone had a rec for some quality earbuds? Was planning on asking for them as an xmas gift so not really a limit on price

13. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MR9CLWC/?tag=absolutepunk-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HTPHK5W/?tag=absolutepunk-20

I had the Photives and they were relatively solid. I'd feel comfortable recommending. Build quality might vary. I misplaced them, so now I'm getting the Jabra Wireless.

14. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

I need good headphones! Please help if you can.
    - $50 or less
    - I can get via Best Buy or Amazon
    - are not big/bulky
    - will last a while (more than a year)

15. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I have the jabra move 2.0 and they're good Bluetooth over the ear headphones. They're $60 but I really like em

16. mad

I was right. Prestigious

17. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

18. lightning13 likes this.
  19. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

@sawhney[rusted]2 yeah that's over budget and I don't want wireless.
    @mad I think I bought those exact ones a year ago or so and they were too heavy haha.

It's just the ones I have now are perfect but the material that you put literally right on your ears, is falling apart. So, yeah. D: They're Sony ones I bought a couple of years ago. Not sure what the model number is.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  20. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

You can buy replacement ear covers for those: Search amazon for the Beyerdynamic replacements - should run you $25ish.

21. devenstonow

Noobie

Need a new pair of earbuds; anyone recommend the Jaybird X3s?

22. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Just got my first legit record player setup. Audio Technica LP60 & Edifier R1280T speakers. Sounds great

Dirty Sanchez and Deanna like this.
  23. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Vinyl Thread

Join us

ChaseTx likes this.
  24. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

So I have a pair of Bose Companion 2 Series II speakers hooked up to my iMac. I have no audio playing currently but sometimes I'll get this very lost staticy sound coming from them when nothing is playing and I'm working on the computer. Can anyone explain why this is happening?