Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ant-Man and The Wasp (Peyton Reed, July 6, 2018) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Had some solid fun.

Laughed at the “?” At the end

Maverick, SteveLikesMusic and Tim like this.
  2. Greg

So clearly time travel will be involved somehow. They didn’t tell him to avoid those by accident. I can’t wait to see what they do. Gonna be a long wait to May, unless his time travel has him pop into Captain Marvel?

Oskarr and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  3. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Eh.

4. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I am so interested to see how everything comes together!

Fun movie!

5. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

My audience went nuts for the mid-credits scene

6. Greg

Yea, the mid credits scene and the Foster reveal got huge reactions for some reason. Mid credits I get, the foster moment was odd. My audience was legit shocked.

7. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I thought the film was alright. I didn't enjoy it as much as the first one. This film was just kind of everywhere storywise and didn't flow well to me. The mid-credit scene was nice, though.

8. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

cant wait to see this. just got my tickets for tonight!

9. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Post post credits when the "Ant-Man and The Wasp will return" turns from a period to a question mark elicited a very visceral reaction from my theater

10. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Very much a 7/7.5 movie. Would recommend.

All it did was confirm what I thought was going to connect it to Infinity War and you really don't even have to see the movie to get that much across haha.

11. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Did you have fun with Ant-Man and the Wasp? Well, then maybe should try reading some comics! The comic book thread has put together some great recommendations that are all very accessible to new readers. Check 'em out, and then come into the comic thread and ask for more!

Astonishing Ant-Man Complete Collection
    Writer: Nick Spencer
    Artist: Ramon Rosanas, various
    Buy from InStockTrades or Amazon.

Nick Spencer's take on Ant-Man tells a story of a somewhat washed up superhero who is trying to find his way and avoid being a criminal. In the midst of that, he's also trying to be a dad to Cassie. Within the first few issues you'll have an understanding of what Spencer wants to accomplish with the character, and by the end of the run, he does so. There are some fun guest appearances from Sam Wilson's Captain American and She-Hulk along with some fellow supers who draw a fine line between being a hero and a criminal. While the comic is fun to read, Scott Lang goes on quite an emotional ride. - @Deanna

FF vol. 1: Fantastic Faux
    Writer: Matt Fraction
    Artist: Michael Allred

Scott Lang joins Medusa of the Inhumans, She-Hulk, and "Ms Thing" in this replacement Fantastic Four team while the real Four is off on some fantastic journey. If you want to see Ant-Man in a fun, weird, pop art series after this new film, you can't really do better than this series. With creative talent like Matt Fraction (Hawkeye, Sex Criminals) and Mike Allred (Silver Surfer, X-Statix, Madman), it's no surprise this run ended up so good. Even if you're not a Fantastic Four fan (which you should be), if you want a modern series set in the sandbox Jack Kirby built, check this out! - @Tim

The Unstoppable Wasp vol. 1
    Writer: Jeremy Whitley
    Artist: Elsa Charretier

In Unstoppable Wasp, the protagonist is Nadia Pym, not the same Wasp from the movie. But Nadia Pym is the daughter of Hank Pym and his first wife, and was kidnapped when she was young. She was forced to train in Russia’s Red Room, the same place Black Widow is from. Judging from her origin, one would think she’d be grim and scarred from her terrible childhood, but she’s not. Her personality is bubbly and always optimistic. She knows nothing of American culture and is curious, easily impressed, and adventurous. I love this character because of her unique personality. She hangs out with her step mom (Janet van Dyne), Ms. Marvel, and Moon Girl. If you like the recent movie, this shows what Janet is doing in the comics: being a step parent. There are only two trades of this, but it is relaunching with a new number one soon. - @xapplexpiex

Avengers: Rage of Ultron
    Writer: Rick Remender
    Artist: Jerome Opeña, Pepe Larraz, Mark Morales

The Rage of Ultron is an Avengers story about family. The broken tree starting with contemptuous mastermind Hank Pym, giving birth to the genocidal robotic overlord Ultron, and ending with the undeniably heroic Avenger, Vision. The story begins with an extended flashback, nearly 30 pages of absolutely beautiful destruction as the classic Avengers battle Ultron on the streets of New York. Hank, along with his wife The Wasp, put into action a plan that a plan that ends with the long term imprisonment of Ultron. Left with only his own thoughts for decades, the Rage of Ultron builds. In the present day, Hank Pym's contempt for humanity and machine-kind has reached a breaking point. He invents a device that “turns off” machines, more or less “killing” them, much to the chagrin of his fellow Avengers including the robotic Vision. When Ultron returns to enact his vengeance, the Avengers are left with an impossible choice they must make before the entire multiverse is infected with Ultron's Rage. - @Vivatoto

The Fix vol. 1
    Writer: Nick Spencer
    Artist: Steve Lieber

Think: Ant-Man, if he were a part of the LAPD. Written by Nick Spencer (Superior Foes, Astonishing Ant-Man), The Fix is a story about corrupt cops working for anyone willing to pay them. Robbery, smuggling, and destroying evidence are all in a days work for these guys. Its a quick, hilarious read that you can pick up on Amazon for less than the price of a meal at McDonalds. (What a steal!) A great way to make the jump into independent comics. - @Henry

Zilla, Deanna and Vivatoto like this.
  12. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Even though I don’t like Nick Spencer lately, I love The Fix. It’s the funniest comic I’ve read.

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

This was great

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Looking at something like $95 million for the weekend.

15. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

As someone who is generally very critical of Marvel movies, hated the first one for its attempts at being Edgar Wright lite... I enjoyed the hell out of this movie. I love the relatively small stakes compared to most Marvel movies. Paul Rudd is a national treasure. Evangeline Lilly is the greatest and her action scenes in this are fantastic. Honestly really liked it. Just pure fun.

715creeks and Emokid79 like this.
  16. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

bradsonemanband, Connor and Serh like this.
  17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It’s better than the first one and I enjoyed all of the main characters. I expected another scene between Goliath and Ghost after the alley way talk but oh well. Plenty of cute father/daughter moments.

Mid credits scene was executed nicely.

Connor and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  18. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

It's somehow better than the first and still not super good..

19. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

This is cool and fun.

20. Greg

I just got done watching it. Always nice when directors get what they’re doing and can have fun with it all.

Connor likes this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jul 6, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 6, 2018)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

this visual effects on this were astounding and this was a lot of fun
    I loved the parallels between Cassie and Hope or should I say Peanut and Jellybean
    every time Cassie called Paul Rudd daddy I lost my mind and it happened like at least 6 times
    I loved Ghost even though I'm not sure how her makeup was so on point, seems unlikely
    Randall Park was great
    also that Morrissey joke might be my favorite joke in any Marvel movie
    the Tim Heidecker cameo was amazing and unexpected

main thing that took me out of the movie, I know it's product placement but a technical genius like Pym wouldn't be using Dell computers

Oskarr, 715creeks, JRGComedy and 2 others like this.
  22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

We use Dell in my high tech lab. Its easier to set up fire walls, provide anti-virus, and they are cheap in bulk. None of that matters because the work we are doing is virtual through cloud based computing.

23. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I thought there was going to be a twist or something in the credits scenes about the client they spent the movie referencing. Was there any significance to the name? Just a random client, I guess.

24. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Yo. Just out of curiosity, did you listen to Under The Influence Of Giants?

25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Wait, they played THAT band in the movie?

Haha, I know what you're referring to