Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ant-Man and The Wasp (Peyton Reed, July 6, 2018) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Henry Jul 28, 2017
    (Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2018)
    Henry

Moderator Moderator

Paul Rudd as Scott Lang / Ant-Man
    Evangeline Lilly as Hope van Dyne / Wasp
    Michael Peña as Luis
    Tip "T.I." Harris as Dave
    Judy Greer as Maggie
    David Dastmalchian as Kurt
    Michael Douglas as Hank Pym
    Randall Park as Jimmy Woo: A S.H.I.E.L.D. agent
    Hannah John-Kamen as Ghost
    Walton Goggins as Sonny Burch
    Michelle Pfeiffer as Janet van Dyne
    Laurence Fishburne as Bill Foster

Fishburne as Goliath has me pretty fucking excited.

Did you have fun with Ant-Man and the Wasp? Well, then maybe should try reading some comics! The comic book thread has put together some great recommendations that are all very accessible to new readers. Check 'em out, and then come into the comic thread and ask for more!

Astonishing Ant-Man Complete Collection
    Writer: Nick Spencer
    Artist: Ramon Rosanas, various
    Buy from InStockTrades or Amazon.

Nick Spencer's take on Ant-Man tells a story of a somewhat washed up superhero who is trying to find his way and avoid being a criminal. In the midst of that, he's also trying to be a dad to Cassie. Within the first few issues you'll have an understanding of what Spencer wants to accomplish with the character, and by the end of the run, he does so. There are some fun guest appearances from Sam Wilson's Captain American and She-Hulk along with some fellow supers who draw a fine line between being a hero and a criminal. While the comic is fun to read, Scott Lang goes on quite an emotional ride. - @Deanna

FF vol. 1: Fantastic Faux
    Writer: Matt Fraction
    Artist: Michael Allred

Scott Lang joins Medusa of the Inhumans, She-Hulk, and "Ms Thing" in this replacement Fantastic Four team while the real Four is off on some fantastic journey. If you want to see Ant-Man in a fun, weird, pop art series after this new film, you can't really do better than this series. With creative talent like Matt Fraction (Hawkeye, Sex Criminals) and Mike Allred (Silver Surfer, X-Statix, Madman), it's no surprise this run ended up so good. Even if you're not a Fantastic Four fan (which you should be), if you want a modern series set in the sandbox Jack Kirby built, check this out! - @Tim

The Unstoppable Wasp vol. 1
    Writer: Jeremy Whitley
    Artist: Elsa Charretier

In Unstoppable Wasp, the protagonist is Nadia Pym, not the same Wasp from the movie. But Nadia Pym is the daughter of Hank Pym and his first wife, and was kidnapped when she was young. She was forced to train in Russia’s Red Room, the same place Black Widow is from. Judging from her origin, one would think she’d be grim and scarred from her terrible childhood, but she’s not. Her personality is bubbly and always optimistic. She knows nothing of American culture and is curious, easily impressed, and adventurous. I love this character because of her unique personality. She hangs out with her step mom (Janet van Dyne), Ms. Marvel, and Moon Girl. If you like the recent movie, this shows what Janet is doing in the comics: being a step parent. There are only two trades of this, but it is relaunching with a new number one soon. - @xapplexpiex

Avengers: Rage of Ultron
    Writer: Rick Remender
    Artist: Jerome Opeña, Pepe Larraz, Mark Morales

The Rage of Ultron is an Avengers story about family. The broken tree starting with contemptuous mastermind Hank Pym, giving birth to the genocidal robotic overlord Ultron, and ending with the undeniably heroic Avenger, Vision. The story begins with an extended flashback, nearly 30 pages of absolutely beautiful destruction as the classic Avengers battle Ultron on the streets of New York. Hank, along with his wife The Wasp, put into action a plan that a plan that ends with the long term imprisonment of Ultron. Left with only his own thoughts for decades, the Rage of Ultron builds. In the present day, Hank Pym's contempt for humanity and machine-kind has reached a breaking point. He invents a device that “turns off” machines, more or less “killing” them, much to the chagrin of his fellow Avengers including the robotic Vision. When Ultron returns to enact his vengeance, the Avengers are left with an impossible choice they must make before the entire multiverse is infected with Ultron's Rage. - @Vivatoto

The Fix vol. 1
    Writer: Nick Spencer
    Artist: Steve Lieber

Think: Ant-Man, if he were a part of the LAPD. Written by Nick Spencer (Superior Foes, Astonishing Ant-Man), The Fix is a story about corrupt cops working for anyone willing to pay them. Robbery, smuggling, and destroying evidence are all in a days work for these guys. Its a quick, hilarious read that you can pick up on Amazon for less than the price of a meal at McDonalds. (What a steal!) A great way to make the jump into independent comics. - @Henry

2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Funny that Perry White is Bill Foster. Wonder if he's gonna see any action, likewise for present day Hank and Janet. They should just throw Eric O'Grady and Raz Malotra in here while they're at it.

Randall Park as a SHIELD agent is awesome.

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Hoping this is better than the first which was decent

4. Really excited for this. Ant-Man was kind of a sleeper. I felt that a lot of folks overlooked it. How can you not love Paul Rudd?

5. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Walton Goggins is incredible, looking forward to what he brings to this.

airik625 likes this.
  6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Hoping I like this more than Ant-Man.

7. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I really thought Ant-Man was the riskiest first film that Marvel was putting out. I really worried about it flopping, but it did really well for an initial outing. In my opinion, it was even a great start for the character as well. Civil War gave him a nice little bump too, so I hope to see more success for Rudd and this likable cast next year.

Kingjohn_654 and RyanPm40 like this.
  8. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Ant Man was one of my favorite movies in the MCU, I'm so excited.

9. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Looking forward to the Wasp.

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

11. More storytelling scenes from Michael Pena please.

12. Davjs

Trusted

I really hope Avengers 3 opens up with a Pena recap since its the film where everything finally comes together lol.

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

airik625, coleslawed and Davjs like this.
  14. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Looks fine but I liked the more colorful version from the first film's post credits scene more.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm hoping the classic design has more to it than that.

16. Davjs

Trusted

Since its a behind the scene picture, I think in editing they will boast the colors and whatnot a lot.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

oakhurst likes this.
  18. Tim

I'm still hoping for a Wasp outfit eventually that's black and gold like this:
    IMG_9335.JPG

19. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Was hoping for a different looking helmet, but I'm fairly happy with how she looks in it.

20. [​IMG]

airik625 likes this.
  21. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I wonder if this suit will make an appearance. I like it more also.

22. Tim

Maybe there's a good story reason for the color palette, but I still don't love it. As I said above, I still want the black and gold look for her.

23. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

oakhurst likes this.