Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness & Friends Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by meggers, Apr 11, 2018.

1. meggers

Trusted

Allen seems to be a very interesting character. I couldn’t see the babe Ruth in the window but it sounded like him.

emersontheauthor likes this.
  2. emersontheauthor

Regular

It was a pretty good show overall - at least, it sounded great. But I'm so tired, the encore was a little long lol. Seems like a cute show that I would've enjoyed seeing.

3. emersontheauthor

Regular

Anyone know anything about the song "Mountains" that Zac Clark and Bob Oxblood sang together? Today I tried googling the other guys and can't really find much on them.

4. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

It’s a Zac Clark song, pretty sure on his new album coming out this summer. His EPS and first two albums are on Spotify. He’s excellent

5. emersontheauthor

Regular

Thanks!

6. What a showcase of incredible talent last night in LA. One of the greatest shows I have ever seen and all the performers were incredible. 3 straight hours of music in "the neighborhood." Just incredible. IMG_7189.JPG fullsizeoutput_23051.jpeg IMG_7220.JPG

DarkMatterHotSauce and maryp1603 like this.
  7. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I can’t remember ever having a worse experience at a show than I did last night. They didn’t start letting people in until almost 7:30 so a good chunk of the crowd was still outside when the show started. There was a good contingent of assholes in back who decided they needed to talk louder whenever Andrew played more (honestly, what are you doing here?). They absolutely oversold the show; I’ve been to sold out shows at the Hawthorne a million times and I’ve never seen it so full (people were standing on the stairs). Also, the Hawthorne was an awful choice of venue; it only holds 500 people, and basically no one could see. This tour would’ve made so much more sense in a slightly larger, seated venue.

We ended up leaving after half the show. Not the best birthday I have to say.

8. AndrewRnR

^Orlando felt the same. Over sold, crowded and the wrong venue. Andrew had to "shh" the crowd several times - didn't help there are several bars in the middle of crowd at the venue(not just in the usual back area of most clubs). Jealous of those markets that got a show with assigned seats. I think taking this through theaters instead of the usual clubs he normally plays would have been perfect.

9. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I was at the show last night too, and didn't get in until 8:20 and barely squeezed into the main room. I didn't have anyone around me talking though. I did realize later that the reason it felt so packed is because the people near the front/middle had so much space. I get that like this isn't a show where people are going to be shoving to the front, but I saw huge gaps between people while I was being squished against the wall. The show itself was amazing though, so no regrets going.

chris likes this.
  10. chris

Trusted Supporter

yeah I was there last night and showed up about an hour into it and was able to find a nice spot towards the back left of the room near that cancer screening table. Also agreed about the place feeling more packed due to people leaving a lot of space between themselves and others, think it was just that kind of crowd.

That said, the Aladdin probably would have been a good place for this: slightly greater capacity but not so big that it would have felt less intimate, option to sit.

11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I was thinking Revolution Hall seemed almost made for this. There’s not a bad seat in the house.

12. fbrrocks

Trusted

the ct show is all standing should of been seated at a different venue but idk where

13. quietwords

I started a thread for Zac Clark in the music forum, in case people like what they heard on this tour!

Band - Zac Clark

DarkMatterHotSauce likes this.
  14. quietwords

Show starts right on time with Andrew. He takes mini breaks throughout the night, giving the other guys a chance to play small sets. They all pretty much join each other on their songs, too.

Larry David likes this.
  15. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

went to this last Thursday; the whole Mr. Rogers setup is kinda cheesy but man Andrew and all of his friends are incredibly talented and the songs sound so good stripped down

16. fbrrocks

Trusted

I'm at this tonight

17. quietwords

I was there too!

fbrrocks likes this.
  18. quietwords

Also, Andrew announced the Dear Jack benefit will be in Boston this year. Pretty stoked

highdive, Brent and marissalg like this.
  19. highdive

Excited that it will be on the east coast this year! Did he mention this at a show?

20. quietwords

Yeah, he mentioned it at the CT show last weekend.

21. highdive

Nice! Looking forward to it!

22. DarkMatterHotSauce

Dark Matter Hot Sauce

I know the tour is over, but absolutely loved the concept for this tour. The set was brilliant, the 'no openers' was a great switch up (especially to get the crowd there early to see all the artists) and I personally thought it was the most entertaining acoustic show of Andrew's I'd seen.

23. highdive

I agree, it was such an innovative concept! I can’t wait to see what he comes up with next. I just saw that you had a hot sauce named after this tour - so cool!

David Parke likes this.
  24. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I liked the concept but it would’ve worked a lot better in slightly bigger, seated venues.

25. highdive

I agree. Seated would have been great for this setting. Years ago, I went to his acoustic run and I believe most shows were set up cabaret style (or at least my show at World Cafe Live) and it was fun and intimate setting. Something like that would have also worked for this.