Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anderson .Paak - Oxnard (Nov 16, 2018) Album • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Mar 6, 2018.

1. PauLo

43% Burnt

On my second listen and it's already starting to grow a lot. All the grooves have burrowed their way in and it's all starting to click.

2. PauLo

43% Burnt

Also, his features on here made me realise I don't recognise Dre anymore. Which makes sense because whenever I listened to Compton, I couldn't make out when he was rapping. I mean, I know it was 16 years between albums, but it's weird how I couldn't pick him out at all.

3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

His voice has somehow gotten a lot higher in the last few years

4. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I've listened to this a few times now and it just does nothing for me.

5. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

The last two songs are bonus tracks, so the album really ends at “Cheers”.

6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I know but I think Bubblin and Til It's Over should have been on the album in the first place lol. Basically adding two more bonus tracks

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

8. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

tdlyon likes this.
  9. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Shame this hasn’t gotten much hype, because I really like this

OotyPa likes this.
  10. irthesteve

Listened again recently and I think the production hurts a lot of what this album is. Even starting at the first song, the music sounds like it should be HUGE, there's a ton going on and it's all upbeat... but the way the album is mixed makes the music somehow just... putter out, it doesn't sound as big as it should

11. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

i think the mixing on this album is great

12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah the consensus seemingly being that this album is a disappointment is really odd to me, I love it. Honestly think it's more consistent than Malibu

13. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

My friends seem to love it though not as much as Malibu which I understand, but it’s wild to me that people in this thread seem to genuinely feel disappointed in the album. I personally really enjoy it. Malibu is more personal but this feels more confident and the lyrics are still great imo

14. PauLo

43% Burnt

I can't speak for anyone else, but I was hoping for another Malibu. Which is to be expected considering how much I loved it and how the vibes from Tints was so similar to it. But after a few more listens, i'm glad it's not the same. It's still unmistakably Paak, but it's different enough to keep your attention and keeps you head nodding. Can't ask for more than that.

OotyPa likes this.
  15. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I definitely would rate this above the NxWorries record.

I also agree Malibu is top-tier .Paak and was my AOTY that year so I understand wanting more of that

16. btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

17. irthesteve

no LA date, no April dates.... definitely looking like Coachella

18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

100% going. I've seen Paak once before but it was just opening for J. Cole, and he still killed it. Happy the tour's announced finally

19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

3 listens in now, and I definitely dig this. All the features are great too.

20. PauLo

43% Burnt

Bubblin has been nominated for a Grammy

tdlyon likes this.
  21. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

So excited to see him in a few hours

22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I was there too

Holy shit, everyone needs to see this man live. I saw him open for Cole a couple years ago so I had some idea what to expect but he's just fucking phenomenal. No idea why he isn't the most popular person in the industry

His tribute to Mac was a nice touch too

OotyPa likes this.
  23. irthesteve

OotyPa likes this.
  24. irthesteve