Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Alexisonfire Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by atlas, Mar 31, 2016.

1. atlas

Trusted

Just making this thread cuz I miss them and wanna talk about em. Saw them in Chicago last fall and it was the best show i've ever attended. they were perfect. Not expecting them to ever come back here, but I hope they do!

2. atlas

Trusted

they're alive! Headlining UNIFY Fest in Australia in Jan. 2017

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  3. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

The made me super happy even though I'm on the other side of the world. AOF has been and will likely forever be my favorite band of all time.

4. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I really hope they will play a show in Dallas eventually. I never got to see them and even with the reunion, they never came anywhere close.

5. redwing91007

[​IMG]

6. atlas

Trusted

A tour in Australia means about as much to me as a tour on Mars but still. Love seeing this band do things

7. redwing91007

Haha yeah. The fact of the matter is these are the first non-festival shows the band has done post farewell tour and that's significant enough. It gives me hope.

8. redwing91007

zmtr likes this.
  9. zmtr

Trusted

10. redwing91007

I just finished reading, it's pretty lengthy but also the most insight we have gotten into the band in years. It's a good read!

zmtr likes this.
  11. zmtr

Trusted

Here's a little shameless self-promo

onlybandever

12. zmtr

Trusted

I would like to see every member do this.

Mainly Chris Steele, haha.

13. zmtr

Trusted

It's actually very depressing to hear his almost hatred for S/T and Watch Out!

14. redwing91007

Awesome tattoo, subtle yet obvious at the same time. Chris is the man and everything that comes out of his mouth is gold haha. I'm overall not that surprised he doesn't like those records as much, mostly just based on their age.

15. atlas

Trusted

I met Steele last year before their Chicago show! Absolute best and nicest guy ever.

redwing91007 likes this.
  16. great work

17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I've been revisiting their discography, I love this band so much. I'm still very curious to see where they would have gone after Dogs Blood.

18. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Has anyone listened to the remaster version of the self-titled? I hate what they did to Dallas's vocals on it. They're a little more clear, but they have way too much of an echo and it makes it sound like he's singing 100 feet back from the mic.

zmtr likes this.
  19. zmtr

Trusted

I have the remastered version on vinyl and I love with they did to Kennedy Curse and the end of Adelleda. I think they improved it imo

20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Overall, it's kind of a mixed bag for me. I agree with you on "Kennedy Curse" and "Adelleda". I love the sharpened instrumentals for the most part on all the songs (although there's stuff here that sounds off, like the drums in the bridge of "Pulmonary Archery" for example). I think most of the issues I have are with the vocals. Like the Dallas stuff I mentioned previously and then whenever George does spoken word. The worst offender there being near the end of "Little Girls Pointing and Laughing", to me his vocals were better off as part of the background instead of being brought to the forefront.

21. LifeInDrag

My all-time favorite, no other show I've attended ever topped theirs.

22. redwing91007

Just got my copy of the Live at Copps vinyl and Blu-Ray this weekend. Can't wait to watch it. I was supposed to travel for that show but came down with a flu :-/

23. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Really hoping they eventually make more music, but ultimately I'm happy with the discography we did get.

24. atlas

Trusted

Yeah, they're a top 3 band of all time for me but the concept of new music from them at this point would be so bizarre I'm not even sure I want it lol

beachdude42 likes this.
  25. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

redwing91007 likes this.