Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Lot Like Birds Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Oct 16, 2016.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

This makes sense to me.

(Tbh though at this point they should release a single before doing more stuff like this. I'm guessing soon.)

2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Yeah, I'm guessing that they want to release the music video along with the single, and its taking a while to finish.

beachdude42 likes this.
  3. beachdude

4. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Dang, I was hoping for a song.

beachdude42 likes this.
  5. beachdude

They're taking their time haha, but I'd venture to guess we'll get a single/pre-orders within a couple days.

6. beachdude

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

owel is on their tour?? so weird

beachdude42 likes this.
  8. beachdude

ALLB's new stuff is pretty significantly different, I'm honestly not surprised if they try to tour mostly with bands that are more indie/emo-influenced on future tours to try to reach an audience more in keeping with their new sound.

Also I think they're both on Equal Vision, so if the label was gonna try to get bands for this tour that could help them find a new audience it'd make sense to start with bands on the label.

9. cwhit

the other bands on the tour don't make sense to go with owel either

i mean owel on equal vision on the first place is really weird, lol

10. beachdude

Yeah it's a weird lineup lol... I think they just tried to put together a tour that wasn't the same type of bands ALLB used to tour with, and it ended up being kind of a mix.

11. beachdude

[​IMG]

12. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

They're playing just over a mile from my house, but I'm already seeing The 1975 that night.

beachdude42 likes this.
  13. cwhit

that's one of the oddest tour routings i've ever seen

14. beachdude

New song is "out there"... very curious to see people's reactions today/tomorrow. I really love the new direction personally.

Daniel182 likes this.
  15. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Sounds like a completely different band. I like it, just not what I was expecting at all. I have a feeling I'll really like the new record.

beachdude42 likes this.
  16. sawhney[rusted]2

This is as if they took their two extremes and melded them together. Song is really good, definitely a different approach. I'm sure this is the Kuroi Ledge of the album, but am prepared for the album to more representative of the songs on their "inspired by" playlist.

beachdude42 likes this.
  17. sawhney[rusted]2

@beachdude42 I definitely see the Earth Sings Mi comparison, especially with the staccato, glitchy electronics. High praise your friend had, and if there's a band I can trust to do that do that sound justice, ALLB are up there

beachdude42 likes this.
  18. beachdude

Really moving video and description.

19. beachdude

20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

i think i like it more having read the meaning than if i hadn't; thought that was really well written and got me more invested in the song. that said, didn't really grip me. i'm trying to remember a hook or anything and it's not really coming to me.

21. Bryan Diem

Trusted

So... No Place is actually a masterpiece...and Conversation Piece is also amazing...and Divisi is pretty awesome too.

sawhney[rusted]2 and beachdude42 like this.
  22. beachdude

Indeed. These guys are amazing, really underrated in the general music scene.

Bryan Diem and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  23. sawhney[rusted]2

Agreed, except for DIVISI. Good album with 4 great songs

Bryan Diem likes this.
  24. Bryan Diem

Trusted

The good parts of Divisi are really great but yeah it is kinda noticeably weak at points

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  25. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Bryan Diem and beachdude42 like this.