Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Lot Like Birds - DIVISI (May 5, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Mar 22, 2017.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

[​IMG]

Tracklist:
    1. Always Burning, Always Dark
    2. The Sound of Us
    3. For Shelley (Unheard)
    4. Trace the Lines
    5. Atoms in Evening
    6. The Smoother the Stone
    7. Infinite Chances
    8. No Attention for Solved Puzzles
    9. Further Below
    10. Good Soil, Bad Seeds
    11. From Moon to Son
    12. Divisi

Might end up my AOTY.

sawhney[rusted]2 and Daniel182 like this.
  2. beachdude

Strongly encourage everyone to watch the music video for "For Shelley" and read the description by Cory... really moving.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  3. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I don't think I want to listen to the song or any other singles until I hear the whole thing. Song seems like it's going to be much better in context. Probably the only album I'm going to do this with this year

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. beachdude

I can respect that. I do think the music video and description of the song by Cory make it much more clear why this is the lead single though.

5. sawhney[rusted]2

I do completely agree that this song makes perfect sense for them to release as a single based on Cory's personal attachment to the substance of the song, but (and I hate myself for saying it) from a marketing and promotional standpoint, it's not the best choice.

6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Very interested.

Used to really love these guys. Kinda fell off the last couple years.

7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

(Completely disregarding the songs meaning/backstory) Musically, this is super bland. I'm not the biggest fan of this genre anymore, but I thought they've always done some interesting/cool shit with it. Nothing about this song stands out

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yeah the song is pretty bad, when i heard "new direction" i thought it'd be far more interesting than this

9. beachdude

This is one of the slowest and most "straightforward" songs on the album, I've heard some others than I like significantly more, but I think they picked this one for the meaning more than anything.

10. beachdude

Yeah honestly I can totally get that... I really dig the song but having heard more songs, I think there could've been better lead singles they could've picked in terms of getting people hyped.

11. beachdude

Talked to a writer who I know who's heard the whole album (I'm getting my promo copy soon too), and he compared it heavily to The Receiving End of Sirens' The Earth Sings Mi Fa Mi which is an incredible album imo... based on everything I've heard I back that comparison.

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I actually dig the song just kinda wish it went somewhere different. Most ALLB songs(even the singles) have interesting progression, and structure. Hopeful for the album.

beachdude42 likes this.
  13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Beautiful story but it's too bad I can't get into the song at all.

14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That's high fucking praise... I would be shocked if that turned out to be true.

I Am Mick likes this.
  15. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Still optimistic.
    I think the album will benefit from some more straight forward cuts.

16. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Stylistically I could see that based on the bits I've heard thus far, but there's no way this album will touch Mi Fa Mi.

17. beachdude

You'll definitely like some of the other songs I've heard then :) This one is very straightforward compared to others.

mattylikesfilms and Cameron like this.
  18. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Super excited for this record, one of my most anticipated of the year.

beachdude42 likes this.
  19. sawhney[rusted]2

Basically confirmed my Kuroi Ledge comparison hahahahaha

beachdude42 likes this.
  20. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

Hated this. turned it off with a minute to spare. Cory's singing > bass player guy's singing. instrumentals were weak and I'm really glad kurt quit and started two new bands instead of being on this. such a shame; CP was a great start, they lost me a bit with NP, and now this.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I'am really excited for Kurt's new band.

22. beachdude

Eternity Forever and Push Over are both great :)

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  23. beachdude

Kind of haha... this album is still gonna be VERY different obviously so don't be expecting the same sort of technicality as on the most energetic tracks on Conversation Place & No Place. That being said there are definitely tracks with more unique song structures/compositions that I've already heard.

24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Exactly how I feel.

25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Where can I read that description of the new song?