Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Animated Series/Films

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Dec 8, 2022.

1. bradsonemanband Dec 8, 2022
    (Last edited: Dec 8, 2022)
    A thread for @Rowan5215 and the rest of us to post about our favorite animated series and films!

If you want to gab about Anime specifically, here's a great thread.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  2. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Nyquist and bradsonemanband like this.
  3. Rowan5215

to get us rolling, I'm really tempted to pick up a copy of the Amphibia tie-in Marcy's Journal. seen pages from it all over socials and it seems absolutely heartwrenching and great. I mean look at this!

(part of me wants to believe if it does numbers they'll get to make the Amphibia movie Braly wants to make. I live in hope ok)

4. Sounds like I need to check out Amphibia!

If someone were to ask me my top 5 animated series, I'd say (in no particular order)

Bob's Burgers
    Infinity Train
    Adventure Time
    Close Enough
    Gravity Falls

Here's a few that I have started but got distracted and haven't finished yet:

The Owl House
    Summer Camp Island
    Invincible
    Dead End

Nyquist and Rowan5215 like this.
  5. Cartoon Network/HBO Max:
    Batman: The Animated Series
    Teen Titans
    Young Justice :rainbow:
    Harley Quinn :rainbow:
    Adventure Time :rainbow:
    Steven Universe :rainbow:
    Infinity Train
    Over the Garden Wall

Disney:
    Tangled: The Series
    Big Hero 6: The Series
    The Owl House :rainbow:
    Amphibia :rainbow:
    Marvel: What If...?
    Star Wars: Visions

Netflix:
    She-Ra and the Princesses of Power :rainbow:
    Arcane :rainbow:

Nickelodeon:
    The Legend of Korra :rainbow:

Amazon:
    Invincible
    The Boys: Diabolical

FX:
    Little Demon :rainbow:

Nyquist and Rowan5215 like this.
  6. Rowan5215

Amphibia is great! very much a sister show to The Owl House, both being descendants of Gravity Falls the GOAT. if you end up finishing TOH and enjoy it, that's a great place to go next

also damn, top 5 is toughhhh. mine will probably lean heavily on nostalgia lol, something like:

Gravity Falls
    The Owl House
    Samurai Jack
    Courage the Cowardly Dog
    Amphibia

that being said, it's a fantastic time for animation right now, studio execs being shitheads aside. found so much great stuff in the last year alone: Infinity Train, Dead End Paranormal Park, Inside Job, The Midnight Gospel... *small voice* Star Wars: The Clone Wars

7. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Subbing 100%

8. Rowan5215

my list now feels inadequate haha. can't believe I forgot Batman TAS, absolute classic

also I think you would really enjoy Dead End on Netflix since it's not here! great representation, great story, and the animation looks fantastic

9. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

All time favorites:
    Adventure Time
    Steven Universe
    Regular Show
    Bob's Burgers
    X-Men: The Animated Series
    Batman: The Animated Series
    Gravity Falls
    Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
    Daria

Other great ones:
    Young Justice (Still need to watch the newer seasons)
    We Bare Bears
    Star vs the Forces of Evil
    Teen Titans
    X-Men Evolution
    Invincible
    Courage the Cowardly Dog
    Harley Quinn
    Over the Garden Wall

I'm sure I'm forgetting some lol

Currently watching Big City Greens and really enjoying it. Definitely plan to watch The Owl House and Amphibia eventually.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  10. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Followed for sure.

My wife and I try to give all the current animated shows a spin, it's become a weekends with breakfast thing.

In turn, most consistently, we watch Bob's Burgers (which, I admit has gotten a little long in the tooth, but is definite comfort food), and The Great North (which like many shows before it, took a season to find its footing but is in a great stride).

We also finally got into Gravity Falls during the beginning of the pandemic, and adore it.

Oh, and like many late 30's white dudes, my life was pretty much defined by The Simpsons. I will be eagerly reading for suggestions and the latest takes on the shows which are being made...many of which I have friends + contacts in various creative roles in, haha.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  11. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Nobody is mentioning Gargoyles, and I'm here to stop this injustice.

ghostedaway likes this.
  12. i still need to sit down and actually give The Great North some real attention. i've watched a couple episodes i think, but didn't really get into it for some reason.

blast0rama likes this.
  13. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I watched the first season of The Great North. I liked it but It just wasn't really hooking me

trevorshmevor likes this.
  14. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Gotta get caught up on Owl House, finish Arcane, and start Infinity Train and Amphibia. Also had started a She-Ra rewatch that I’d like to finish. Probably one of my favorite final seasons of television of all time

Rowan5215 likes this.
  15. bradsonemanband likes this.
  16. I have a lot of catching up to do re: Disney and Pixar films, sort of fell off when covid hit, despite having Disney Plus

Current faves:
    Lilo and Stitch, Big Hero 6, Moana, Mulan (the Asian ones, of course)
    The Lion King, Tangled Treasure Planet, The Emperor's New Groove
    Wall-E, Up, The Incredibles 1&2, Inside Out

I didn't love Frozen, but I do love Elsa (and I actually though its sequel was better)
    I didn't love Lightyear but I do love that it had a wlw kiss. (I'm not as fond of the Toy Story series as most people seem to be)

No, I have not watched Turning Red. I know. That's what I mean when I say I need to catch up.

Oh! before I forget, Dug Days, Baymax!, and I Am Groot are super cute

17. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Time for an old school shout-out: Mighty Max.

For a cartoon absolutely designed to sell giant heads that opened into miniature playsets, it had an ending that I thought was strangely bold, dark, and cerebral for a kid to digest on a Saturday morning.

18. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I had so many Mighty Max toys growing up. There was even a board game that I loved.

Also Fantastic Max is another good one

trevorshmevor and Penlab like this.
  19. Colby Searcy

GOAT animated series is BTAS though

20. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Actually, at the risk of blasphemy, I'm going to say Justice League surpasses BTAS. Both legendary though.

21. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I just read on TV Tropes that the reason Mighty Max got canceled after two seasons is because it didn't shy away from killing characters off and it wasn't easy to censor, so the network axed it. Apparently they were getting a lot of complaints. Bullshit.

Colby Searcy and bradsonemanband like this.
  22. Colby Searcy

I've always wanted a place to talk/reminisce about 90s cartoon that very few remember.

Wild West C.O.W.Boys of Moo Mesa
    Street Sharks

Penlab likes this.
  23. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

[​IMG]

Highly recommend anyone who hasn't seen it check out Primal. Same creator as Samurai Jack and it's one of the best things I've seen in a long time!

24. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Has anyone checked out Pinecone & Pony? There’s a non-binary couple so it’s on my list

Colby Searcy likes this.
  25. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I dunno what other types of animation ya'll are into but has anyone seen this film?

S He (2018) - IMDb