Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anime

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snoblin, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

This is the official thread to talk about how much you like One Piece, along with one or two other series, maybe.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I feel awful that the only thing I am still following is Bleach.

3. Snoblin

I actually am to, but it's more so because the link each week is right next to One Piece.

Shits so ass backwards now though. Tite Kubo has shown he gave up on doing decent plot structure a long while ago.

4. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

almost done with one punch man, can't wait for season 2.

Dan O'Neill and OwainGlyndwr like this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Hunter X Hunter is coming off hiatus.

6. I watched the first few episodes of FMA Brotherhood a while back and then fell off. Unfortunately my free time priorities are video games > regular TV series > anime, so I almost never watch it. I do enjoy the anime I've seen though.

7. Snoblin

I'm not gonna hold my breath. I expect it to be out for a single chapter and resume it's 30000 year hiatus.

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Basically my feelings toward Berserk. I stopped even looking. The story looked like it was going nowhere anyways.

9. Snoblin

I've never even tried to get into Berserk. Seems like it ran it's course long before I even knew of it.

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Stylistically, it was way ahead of it's time. The art was unbelievable. The problem with it, was it's portrayal of women. I won't go into detail, but there are some disgustingly graphic scenes in there. The whole middle portion of the series is pretty nasty. It's cleaned up a ton in the years since.

11. Snoblin

I do remember, at one point in my life, flipping through a randomly selected chapter, and seeing some pretty graphic stuff.

12. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Anime is something I really need to get better about watching...so many of my friends are into so many series and I'm there like "I liked Akira...and Cowboy Bebop..." haha I am so behind.

Davjs likes this.
  13. Snoblin

That's a good starting point though hahaha

14. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

FMA brotherhood is my #1 and I've seen 60+ anime now haha

15. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

It's so amazing. Loved that show so much.

Currently blazing through Food Wars and Fate Stay/Night.

16. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

17. Has anyone seen the new American dub of Only Yesterday starring Daisy Ridley yet?

18. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

crying

19. Viva Sonata

gooberplex.tumblr.com Prestigious

Finally here!

What's everyone watching for the Spring?

20. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Gonna watch that FFXV episode after work and see how that goes, heard all positive things

21. Viva Sonata

gooberplex.tumblr.com Prestigious

The FFXV was adequate, passable I'd say. Nothing really stood out to me. Each of the main four characters has an archetype and it's not swayed my opinion of whether I'm gonna like the game or not.

22. OwainGlyndwr

I am the Aleutian allusion illusion Supporter

I've got three episodes left of Charlotte and I'll probably rewatch One Punch Man with a couple friends who haven't seen it. And then I'm going to finally catch up on Sword Art Online, Bakemonogatari, and To Aru Majutsu no Index.

That's about all I'm sure of. I've got a list of anime to check out that I'll probably dive into after that. Definitely open to suggestions, though, if anyone has any recommendations!

23. Emotherapy Mar 31, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 31, 2016)
    Emotherapy

Regular

Just finished Erased. It made me feel warm inside.

Tyler likes this.
  24. tucah

not champ Prestigious

New Jojo hype

Also, new Hunter x Hunter chapters in a few weeks (and probably only lasting a few weeks knowing how his hiatuses go) are also getting me excited. I've been following that series for so long, my over ten year old AP username was based on it.

Jacob Davidson likes this.
  25. Penguin

just let me cry a little bit longer Prestigious

Heading down to my old college to visit friends and go to AnimeFest (weekend-long anime marathon, basically). Should be fun.
    [​IMG]