Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite The Menzingers Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Sep 27, 2019.

?

pick one!

1. A Lesson in the Abuse of Information Technology

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Chamberlain Waits

4 vote(s)
    2.7%
  3. On the Impossible Past

61 vote(s)
    40.7%
  4. Rented World

14 vote(s)
    9.3%
  5. After the Party

71 vote(s)
    47.3%
  1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

New album next week!

Rank em, tell us why, or just pick one.

Link to all of the other polls here. You can leave suggestions for new polls there or here. Whatevs.

grimis16 and scottlechowicz like this.
  2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I love After the Party so much but I come back to OTIP the most. I really like RW as well and I feel like it gets a bum rap around here.

3. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

It's very close between OTIP and ATP for me, but OTIP just wins.

4. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I love all of the last 4 so much but I can’t vote for anything other than OTIP.

5. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Also having a hard time deciding between OTIP and ATP. I chose ATP because of that album's energy. OTIP has all the "classic" Menzos songs and is probably more of a defining album, if that makes sense, but ATP makes me feel straight up electric. It's bouncy and fun without sacrificing any of the lyrical depth and emotion that drew me to them in the first place. It feels very much like an older, even more jaded version of the band we got to know on OTIP, but it's also their catchiest and (arguably) most accessible record.

artbynickferran likes this.
  6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

OTIP takes the win by a slight edge to ATP

333 GANG and waking season like this.
  7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

ATP is probably their "best" album so I voted for that. All of them are good

grimis16 and ImAMetaphor like this.
  8. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Hard to choose between OTIP and ATP, but OTIP still holds favorable position in my heart as the perennial sentimental choice, and one of — if not thee — number one album from this decade.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Sometimes I use these threads as a way to figure out which album I should listen to from bands I've never heard. Gave OTIP a shot and thought it was decent, but something I don't think I'd listen to on a regular basis. Through on ATP and I'm immediately hooked. Opening track got me instantly.

trevorshmevor, Orla and OhTheWater like this.
  10. Jake W

I assumed every person on this site had listened to them before lol

grimis16 likes this.
  11. 333 GANG

ACAB

OTIP, closely followed by ATP

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm always quick to assume what bands sound like based on their names and album art. I've never listened to The Wonder Years and don't plan on starting today. lol. Gave these guys a shot based on some of the people who were posting in the band's threads. Otherwise, probably would have kept to ignoring them. My AP elitism hasn't completely died out.

Sorry, I'm trying to fix it.

Jake W likes this.
  13. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Old school AP user mht was the one who got me into the Menzos — based on their first album nonetheless, which, well... I agree with Greg, regarding that album. mht recommended very little to those of us who frequented the Punk Thread, but that one always sticks out. Once they released that first EP, followed by CW, I was hooked — so, at least from my perspective, OTIP was such a huge step-up and hit me at just the right time in my personal life. ATP did the same thing, and I have incredible memories attached to both albums.

14. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I actually got into them when Rented World came out

15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

What's MHT up to I miss him. That whole clique is gone for the most part, right? Or are they relegated to the sports forum now

16. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

ATP and OTIP are toss ups for my top 3 favorite albums of the decade (which include Handwritten in it).

CAC3 likes this.
  17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I messaged him when Jason started up here and he just said "lol I'm too old for that shit."

OhTheWater likes this.
  18. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Rented World deserves better. Easily their best imo.

19. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

ATP for sure.

20. Jake W

Rented World is still great this band is just that good

JaytotheGee and 333 GANG like this.
  21. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Voted for RW

22. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

After the Party really resonates with me thematically. It also has “Lookers,” which is their best song.

23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

RW will always mean a lot to me. I know it’s not as popular as OTIP or ATP but I really love the vibe of it. Transient Love, Nothing Feels
    Good Anymore, and Where Your Heartache Exists are extremely underrated tracks.

Also, Rodent is my favorite song of theirs.

mattav152 and 333 GANG like this.
  24. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

OTIP > ATP > CW >>> RW >>>>>> the first one

waking season likes this.
  25. Jake W

OTIP > ATP > RW >>>>> the first two albums

SamLevi11 likes this.