Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite The Killers Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Jul 26, 2019.

?

Somebody told me...

1. Hot Fuss

38 vote(s)
    41.8%
  2. Sam's Town

41 vote(s)
    45.1%
  3. Day & Age

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  4. Battle Born

8 vote(s)
    8.8%
  5. Wonderful Wonderful

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Rank em, tell us why, or just pick one.

Link to all of the other polls here. You can leave suggestions for new polls there or here. Whatevs.

2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I expect Hot Fuss to take this one, but I'm going to bat for Battle Born. Just so many massive, wonderful songs on that record. I love it even more now that the band has essentially fragmented, because Dave Keuning especially is just going to 11 on that album.

Aregala likes this.
  3. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Battle Born for sure

Hot Fuss and Sam's Town might have higher highs, but neither are as consistent all the way through as Battle Born is.

4. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Their other stuff is (mostly) good, but the answer here is definitely Hot Fuss

5. Craig Manning

For a long time, Hot Fuss would have been my number three. Over the past year or so, it's passed Sam's Town for the runner-up position. I still love a lot of things about Sam's Town, but something about the production on that album doesn't sit right with me. It sounds a little too claustrophobic at times. Maybe it's how they recorded/mixed Brandon's vocals? In any case, I think he sounds way, way better on Battle Born. He really evolved and grew a lot as a singer over the course of their career.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  6. The nostalgia factor plays a big part in me choosing Hot Fuss, though to be honest Sam's Town is as good and Wonderful Wonderful wouldn't be far behind if its second half was better. I definitely need to check Battle Born out again as it didn't really click at the time. Not a fan of Day & Age.

7. dlemert

Trusted

HF > ST > BB > WW > DAA

BB has grown on me a LOT over the past couple years, WW has gotten worse since it came out.

8. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

This is tough but I went with Sam's Town. The only one I don't return to ever for some reason is Battle Born. Love Sawdust too.

9. bodkins

Trusted

Battle Born for sure. I imagine one of the first two will win, but damn, what a fantastic record. Song after song that record kills.

10. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Has to be Sam’s Town. One of my favorite albums ever.

11. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Sam's Town>Hot Fuss>The singles from the rest

12. SPine

Trusted

Hot Fuss. Easy

13. skoopy

Regular

Sam's Town. Not as many high's as Hot Fuss but that one I struggle to get through front to back at times.

14. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Sam’s Town, for sure.

15. 333 GANG

ACAB

Sam’s Town for me

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I had to vote for the national anthem Mr Brightside

17. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Been so long since I've listened to anything from them but it was Sam's Town for me back then

18. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Love me some Sam’s Town

19. Craig Manning

Hot take: there is not an album from the 2000s, in any genre, with a better string of singles than Hot Fuss.

Lucas27, Kuri44, sophos34 and 6 others like this.
  20. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Weird how many people got this multiple choice question wrong

21. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

Team Battle Born

dotKev, Craig Manning and bodkins like this.
  22. bodkins

Trusted

This is a sound take.

Lucas27 and Craig Manning like this.
  23. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

This is a really hard one...... I can't decide between Hot Fuss and Battle Born, although if I picked the one I listen to the most it is honestly Day & Age.

24. dotKev

@dotkevin

Battle Born mostly for Runaways which I've played likely over a billion times since it was first released as a single.

But as others have stated, it's an extremely cohesive album and I can't find one weak link on it. Listened to it today on a long drive and it still holds up extremely well. I think Wonderful, Wonderful is good, too, but trying to follow-up Battle Born was much too great of a task.

bodkins likes this.
  25. Hot Fuss above the rest.

nohandstoholdonto likes this.